Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family of craftsmen - 1953 promotional picture

I've just found this one and thought you might enjoy it:

As the title suggests, it is mainly about a family (the Bokons) but there are of course plenty of cars and some nice shots of the factory.
    At the end you'll see a part of the 1952 centennial celebration and a glimpse of the new Starliner.
    Nice day to all.
    sigpic

That was fun. It all seems so quaint now, looking back. It was sure nice seeing all the Studebakers on the roads. This film brought back some very pleasant childhood memories in Indiana. With such great company history, I am glad that I am contributing to keeping these great cars on the road. Thank you Christophe for bringing this old film back to light.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

You're welcome, Ed.
      It was a nice postcard fron the 50's, indeed. I enjoyed all the scenes, except the ones with the minks of course.
      Here's another link for your pleasure:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYrmXSJqZ5Y
      I don't disclose the topic, so you'll have the surprise. And this one is IN COLOR.
      Nice day to all.
      sigpic

Comment

I had an original copy of that " Family of Craftsmen " black & white 16mm movie put out by Studebaker in 1952. I finally sold it to a fellow Studebaker memorabilia collector here in Melbourne.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

Yup. I have seen that one before but watched again all the way through. No surprise that a Studebaker came in first. I noted that four of the clubs chose Studebakers. Smart kids.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

We have watched that film many times over the years. My wife always enjoyed the “Maryann Club” as that is her name.
            I get a kick out of everyone singing “Rolling Along For 100 Years”, makes me smile.
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Nice film, thanks for sharing! '52's are my favorite Stude models, and it was cool seeing them all shiny and minty schminty! Wish I could go back in time and order a new one.....

Comment

Working...
              X