rockne10/hood realease/ OD bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rockne10/hood realease/ OD bracket

In a previous post you said "There is no separate part number for the bracket in 51 and 52".

Was this bracket used in other years, and not spot welded to the dash panel?

I need one.

Thanks

I can only speak for the models I've personally worked on, my own and a couple of friends'; I spent my life driving truck and as a desk jockey, not mechaniking.

I know the '53+ models had a bracket that was screwed to the bottom of the dash in that vicinity, but it only held one cable; that being the heat/temp control cable. If your Champion is a 3-speed without overdrive, you only need a single cable bracket; if it's got overdrive or automatic transmission, you need a double cable bracket. Or, you could mount two single brackets from a later model.
    There are folks on the Forum who know way more about Studebakers than I ever will. Hopefully one of them can make a better suggestion.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
      I can only speak for the models I've personally worked on, my own and a couple of friends'; I spent my life driving truck and as a desk jockey, not mechaniking.

I know the '53+ models had a bracket that was screwed to the bottom of the dash in that vicinity, but it only held one cable; that being the heat/temp control cable. If your Champion is a 3-speed without overdrive, you only need a single cable bracket; if it's got overdrive or automatic transmission, you need a double cable bracket. Or, you could mount two single brackets from a later model.
      There are folks on the Forum who know way more about Studebakers than I ever will. Hopefully one of them can make a better suggestion.
      Thanks Rockne.

I have an overdrive for my car. So I need the double cable bracket.

Hopefully, someone who has the part or a part number will respond.

Comment

Is this a 51 Comm, Champion, ? I have the bracket/cables, with the OD and hood cable together. We save the screws, the whole works when we pull them... Some of those dashes may have one control cable bracket spot welded on but I do not think it was for 'heavy pulls' like the OD or hood. They were Def. or Vent, etc.

Also some NOS single brackets in 'Tan' I assume it is for a 51-53 ish because it is the 'dark' Tan , not the light creamy one.

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
          Is this a 51 Comm, Champion, ? I have the bracket/cables, with the OD and hood cable together. We save the screws, the whole works when we pull them... Some of those dashes may have one control cable bracket spot welded on but I do not think it was for 'heavy pulls' like the OD or hood. They were Def. or Vent, etc.

Also some NOS single brackets in 'Tan' I assume it is for a 51-53 ish because it is the 'dark' Tan , not the light creamy one.
          PM sent.
          I have a Champion.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	G Hawk eng and hood  od cables 035.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1720421 This one is a charcoal color, a rectangle bracket with rounded corners. The OD cable looks like the type that had a set screw vs the one with the hooked end. Not sure but it looks very 51- 52. Anyone have a picture of one in a car?Click image for larger version

Name:	54 inch hood cable, unknown oldie 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1720422 Here is a single bracketed cable, NOS for some old car. It is 52 inches from where it would screw to dash to the end, 54 inches to the end ; total length...

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]71970[/ATTACH] This one is a charcoal color, a rectangle bracket with rounded corners. The OD cable looks like the type that had a set screw vs the one with the hooked end. Not sure but it looks very 51- 52. Anyone have a picture of one in a car?[ATTACH=CONFIG]71971[/ATTACH] Here is a single bracketed cable, NOS for some old car. It is 52 inches from where it would screw to dash to the end, 54 inches to the end ; total length...
              I would like to buy the one with two cables. I sent you a PM with my contact.
              Thanks,
              John

Comment

Working...
              X