PDA

View Full Version : Illuminated studebaker signs.

HAWK64
04-21-2018, 02:55 AM
I've seen some of the neon signs made for Studebaker Dealers either in the flesh or via the illustrated booklets sent to Dealers. I had always wanted one & so had mine made here in Melbourne some years ago for my " man cave ".
I figure some Forum followers have one or more in their memorabilia displays.71880

04-21-2018, 07:07 AM
I've seen some of the neon signs made for Studebaker Dealers either in the flesh or via the illustrated booklets sent to Dealers. I had always wanted one & so had mine made here in Melbourne some years ago for my " man cave ".
I figure some Forum followers have one or more in their memorabilia displays.71880

I got these at a dealer I bought out back in the '70s. I think they are probably from 1950. The blurred one originally had a circle too, but it was broken so I tossed out the broken part. I also got this lighted parts book rack at the same place then damaged the glass later on. On the same pickup I passed on a large two-sided outdoor Studebaker neon in good shape for $50. Dumb, but I had no way of getting it off the building and I had already filled my 14-foot trailer.

57pack
04-21-2018, 07:28 AM
My wife and I purchased the “Studebaker Cars” neon sign from Mr. Mathis from his Atlantic City Studebaker dealership back in the 1970’s. We donated it to the Studebaker Museum a few years ago.
Mr. Mathis also had a neat “Lark Power Steering” neon sign that I passed on, I still kick myself for not buying it!71887
For this past Christmas my wife let me take a chance on this Packard neon sign.71888

studegary
04-21-2018, 09:12 AM
I have owned several Studebaker signs, but none were neon. The biggest was a back lit, two sided, "LARK" sign (about six feet long) that I bought/removed from the roof of the Studebaker dealer in Beacon, NY. They had to take down their Studebaker signs when they dualed with Dodge. I sold that sign, delivered to Reedsville, to Mr. C. Studebaker, for $40. I believe that it was included in the auction of his stuff, probably for a lot more money. It most likely is out there somewhere. If someone here bought it, now you know where it came from.