PDA

View Full Version : Invitation to South Bend May 4th and 5th

Bob Henning
04-20-2018, 03:07 PM
We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to South Bend for the 37th Annual May Meet sponsored by the Michiana Chapter. The building is sold out on the inside, and we have many vendors outside too. Our annual Studebaker and Non-Studebaker Car and Truck Show will be held on Saturday like in past years. Also, Studebaker International is having an Open House on Thursday, May 3rd, so if you are here early, please plan on attending. This annual event has attendees from over 27 states.

We would also want to remind you that this year, due to the rising costs of renting the Fairgrounds, we will have to begin to charge admission. It's $5.00 per person per day to get in the gate. This is similar to admission at the last International Meet. This was not an easy decision. I do not mean to start a large dialogue about admission, solutions, etc., because we have looked at many, just want to let everyone know prior to the event. Our alternatives were charging vendors more...which we ARE NOT going to do, because some come from as far away as California on their dime....ending the event, which would be, in my opinion the WORST option...or charging 5 bucks.

So, 5 bucks it is.

A big thank you to all the vendors and attendees that continue to come to this Meet. We all appreciate you bringing parts, your Studebakers, and yourself to South Bend. Please bring good weather with you, and see you in South Bend, May 4th and 5th.

tim333
04-20-2018, 03:41 PM
Five bucks is more than reasonable.

what huh
04-20-2018, 03:46 PM
I have paid way more then $5 to go to shows in the past. I would be glad to pay $5 to keep events like this going! Cant wait to Visit South Bend for the first time

nels
04-20-2018, 04:35 PM
Hmmmm. Ok, I’ll say it, I’m disappointed.

studegary
04-20-2018, 04:38 PM
Five dollars seems more than reasonable to me. It is a drop in the bucket compared to the travel costs for most.
I have attended many of these, but the 1500 mile RT is too much (for me) now.

52-fan
04-20-2018, 05:46 PM
If I can make it, another $5.00 is fine.

DEEPNHOCK
04-20-2018, 06:04 PM
I will not be attending this year.

tim333
04-20-2018, 06:45 PM
Any recommendations for a good Plater to rechtome a bumper for a 51 Landcruiser?

DEEPNHOCK
04-20-2018, 07:20 PM
Good Stude guy....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Forresters-Chrome-for-The-Street/104352632965113

BobPalma
04-20-2018, 07:40 PM
:cool: 'No problem, Bob; 'certainly understandable. :) BP

Chicken Hawk
04-20-2018, 10:30 PM
Just a suggestion: Would it be enough income to charge everyone the $5 to enter ONCE, stamp them, give them a ticket, etc. so they can come in the second day without charging them again?

GrumpyOne
04-20-2018, 10:49 PM
Just a suggestion: Would it be enough income to charge everyone the $5 to enter ONCE, stamp them, give them a ticket, etc. so they can come in the second day without charging them again?

Heh!

The last time that I was "stamped" was when myself along with a half dozen co-workers went to a less-than-nice "club" for lunch. I, being a confirmed CASO ate the lunch while the remainder spent a bunch on "tips." Upon leaving, we were all "stamped" hoping that we would all return after work.

Needless to say I did not. But the other guys when arriving to work on Saturday morning were moaning and groaning as to how much moolah the "dropped" the previous evening.

Nice to see you here Ted and hope that you're doing well!

63avanti.
04-22-2018, 06:48 PM
$5 is not a problem At all. Whatever it takes to keep the meets going.

Bill Pressler
04-22-2018, 07:59 PM
I am totally OK with this. I derive far-more satisfaction from this weekend than $15 worth for the three days. :)