PDA

View Full Version : Harold Churchill's Wagonaire

Avanti Fanatic
04-18-2018, 09:28 PM
Just reading the book "Champion of the Lark" ,a book about Harold Churchill and his tenure as President of Studebaker-Packard. Apparently,the Churchill family donated Harold Churchill's Wagonaire to the Studebaker National Museum after his death in 1980,and it was subsequently sold by the museum. Does anyone know of it's whereabouts today?

Bill Pressler
04-19-2018, 02:19 PM
Just reading the book "Champion of the Lark" ,a book about Harold Churchill and his tenure as President of Studebaker-Packard. Apparently,the Churchill family donated Harold Churchill's Wagonaire to the Studebaker National Museum after his death in 1980,and it was subsequently sold by the museum. Does anyone know of it's whereabouts today?

I don't know where the car is today, but I do remember hearing that it was structurally rusty, and that he hadn't bought it new, but had bought it as a hobby car some time later. I can remember it from the old museum; it was a Bermuda Brown '65 Daytona Wagonaire. One thing I particularly liked about '65's is that Daytonas had the same interior as the '64 Cruiser--the Daytona interior was bumped-up a notch from '64--and I remember Churchill's car having that very nice Cruiser-style vinyl interior in brown, IIRC.

Avanti Fanatic
04-19-2018, 08:37 PM
Thanks,Bill...curiosity got the best of me..

8E45E
04-23-2018, 08:16 AM
More here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?71124-Museum-Wagonaire

Craig