GT Hawk rocker panel needed.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Hawk rocker panel needed.....

Body shop called, they recommend replacing the passenger side rocker panel on my '64 GT Hawk....who has them?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Classic Enterprises

Bob

Comment

SI has them, but not on the page listed in the index in their catalog (two pages earlier - p.113 IIRC). Other major Studebaker vendors probably also have them.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I would go with SI or classic enterprises. I bought some cheap ones from ebay and they where built with a brake and don't have the right crown to them. They are just flat. Lucky thing is they are covered by the rocker mdlg and no one will know.

Comment

I had a pair of NOS and sold them to a guy who is restoring a 1964 Hawk. The guy who was restoring it for another guy died.

Comment

There is also an inner rocker, be sure that is good before you order. We used classic enterprises and are more than satisfied with the quality.
            It is an addiction!

Comment

Classic Enterprises for a perfect fit. When you install them, make sure the car is resting on its wheels or supported on "A" frames and rear axle, poor alignment due to body flex can result if you're supporting the car on a typical 2 post frame pad hoist.

Comment

I have an entire 64 GT body that you can have for free, come pick it up or come remove what you want. Visalia, Ca.

Comment

I've got one coming from Steven Allen.....thanks everybody for your input.
                  Lou Van Anne
                  62 Champ
                  64 R2 GT Hawk
                  79 Avanti II

Comment

Does Steve Allen also have the Inner rockers. When I did my Hawk in the early 2000's everything came from Classic. I was surprised to see "Inner Rockers" and part of the assembly. These were proprietary to each side and were shorter than the outer panel, but gave the outer some additional support. When all was done, the underside lip had three pieces spotted together.
                    64 GT Hawk (K7)
                    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
                    X