No announcement yet.

Another Dave Thibeault restored Avanti?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Dave Thibeault restored Avanti?

"Vehicle Specifics for 1963 Studebaker Dictator?? Model 62"

Was an Avanti ever referred to as a Dictator?

Comment

Originally posted by dleroux View Post
      "Vehicle Specifics for 1963 Studebaker Dictator?? Model 62"

Was an Avanti ever referred to as a Dictator?
      Not to my knowledge.
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

It is presented as a nearly perfect, low mileage vehicle, but he knows that the supercharger was rebuilt once, and he states that it doesn't look to be the original paint. He also said that it is running, but that he thought the engine needed 'gone through'. It certainly looks nice, but any buyer would need to take a hard look at it themselves, and ask a lot more questions.
        Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

poor pictures and ad for the price wanted. my guess he is wasting his e-bay fees this time around.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

PT Barnum in full effect.....can not believe the seller actually thinks his ride will bring that kind of "scarole" (money).

Comment

I suppose I'm just clueless (not that unusual) but what does the title of this thread have to do with Dave?

Regarding the seller's comment using the term "Infamous" Newman & Altman...what does he mean? "Infamous" has a negative connotation to me. Unless someone can clue me in, I thought Newman & Altman did a great service to carry on as long as they did.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                I suppose I'm just clueless (not that unusual) but what does the title of this thread have to do with Dave?

Regarding the seller's comment using the term "Infamous" Newman & Altman...what does he mean? "Infamous" has a negative connotation to me. Unless someone can clue me in, I thought Newman & Altman did a great service to carry on as long as they did.
                Agree, what does this have to do with Dave Thibault?

Also, the seller is a self-described old guy who rambles a lot, so cut him some slack, but does anyone believe that mileage could be actual. I know I doubt it.

jack viens
                PackardV8

Comment

When I bought my 59 Wagon, the seller stated it had 6 thousand miles on it. Was wrecked and had rear quarters replaced. Never finished and stored. The speedo did say 6000, but I dug 106000 miles of dried grease out of the a frames. Did find a '63 registration in the glove box.

Comment

Easy answer, the seller claims to live in Bellarica(sp) Mass which is a short hop to where Dave lives and the garage he works out of (WCD Garage), so I simply posed the question if this car was another Thibeault restoration.
                    Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                    Agree, what does this have to do with Dave Thibault?

Also, the seller is a self-described old guy who rambles a lot, so cut him some slack, but does anyone believe that mileage could be actual. I know I doubt it.

jack viens

Comment

If this Avanti brings the price asked, then Nick Bergers Avanti has to bring well over 100K!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
                        Easy answer, the seller claims to live in Bellarica(sp) Mass which is a short hop to where Dave lives and the garage he works out of (WCD Garage), so I simply posed the question if this car was another Thibeault restoration.
                        Dave doesn’t work at WCD Garage. You’re thinking of Bob Munter.

Comment

Yes I realize that, but with a car within "spitting" distance of where Dave lives, one would think Dave would know of the car.
                          Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                          Dave doesn’t work at WCD Garage. You’re thinking of Bob Munter.

Comment

Working...
                          X