1953-1954 Starliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953-1954 Starliner

I know of a project '54 Starliner Champion without an engine in it. Guy wants 8K for it or so I heard. It's extra-solid and never restored.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

I know of a project '54 Starliner Champion without an engine in it. Guy wants 8K for it or so I heard. It's extra-solid and never restored.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

1953-1954 Starliner

I have been looking for a 1953-1954 Studebaker Starliner HdTp Commander. I want a DRIVER, a good solid auto. Everything I find is either Customized or a Hot Rod, or a Trailer Queen. If anyone has a 1953-1954 Starliner Commander that they might want to sell or knows of someone who does, please let me know. Thank You All....

Comment

You might give this guy a call. He had a nice 53 Champ hardtop for sale a year or so ago.

Ron Miller 734-941-2373

Car is in Mich.

Own '53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j3...ontheBeach.jpg
        Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

Comment

You might give this guy a call. He had a nice 53 Champ hardtop for sale a year or so ago.

Ron Miller 734-941-2373

Car is in Mich.

Own '53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j3...ontheBeach.jpg
          Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

Comment

Richard-Welcome to the best classic car forum in the world! At least I believe no one who reads this will disagree. Good luck on your 53-4 Starliner search. At some point you may want to read the book, "Studebaker's Finest," the story of how these beautiful cars came to be built and tips on restoration. I just started it and it is very fascinating. Some of us consider the 53-4's to be to be unsurpassed in the remarkable styling history of the Studebaker. In fact I rate them up there in appearance with any American car ever built. Remember that the Starlight is very close in appearance to the Starliner with the exception of the post separating door windows from rear windows. Also, be sure to read the forum regularly as you will not only learn a lot but, also, get a laugh quite often. Note the "old timers" who have posted literally thousands of messages individually. They carry the brightest torches for our beloved Studes. I say this because I have been a forum member for less than a year and continue to marvel at the knowledge and expertise of these Studebaker people, both men and women. You are entering a new era, the Studebaker era which is alive and well even though it has been about 40 years since the last Stude was built in America.

Tim-53 Studebird in Yuma, AZ
            Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
            jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Richard-Welcome to the best classic car forum in the world! At least I believe no one who reads this will disagree. Good luck on your 53-4 Starliner search. At some point you may want to read the book, "Studebaker's Finest," the story of how these beautiful cars came to be built and tips on restoration. I just started it and it is very fascinating. Some of us consider the 53-4's to be to be unsurpassed in the remarkable styling history of the Studebaker. In fact I rate them up there in appearance with any American car ever built. Remember that the Starlight is very close in appearance to the Starliner with the exception of the post separating door windows from rear windows. Also, be sure to read the forum regularly as you will not only learn a lot but, also, get a laugh quite often. Note the "old timers" who have posted literally thousands of messages individually. They carry the brightest torches for our beloved Studes. I say this because I have been a forum member for less than a year and continue to marvel at the knowledge and expertise of these Studebaker people, both men and women. You are entering a new era, the Studebaker era which is alive and well even though it has been about 40 years since the last Stude was built in America.

Tim-53 Studebird in Yuma, AZ
              Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
              jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

What is your price range, and are you willing to pay for transport for a Western car to the East Coast?

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

What is your price range, and are you willing to pay for transport for a Western car to the East Coast?

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

watch ebay and Deals on Wheels sites......BRAD

Comment

watch ebay and Deals on Wheels sites......BRAD

Comment

I am in the final stages of reassembling a '54 starliner Commander for a friend. He is no longer able to drive and plans to sell it. It just came out of the paint shop where it was media blasted, all flaws and some minor rust were properly repaired and it was painted it's original colors, yellow with a red top. The car is in orginal condition and the odometer shows about 74,000 miles. All of the stainless and chrome are good and most of the rubber has been replaced. It has a fresh 232 with automatic trans. This car drives well. It would be a very
                        clean driver and should be dependable for a long time. I do not know what price Doug will be asking for it. Email me at p.dilling@omcast.net and I can send pictures or you can see some when it was in stages of reassembly here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9729183...7601712730111/

I will try to add more photos tomorrow with the grills in place. All I have left to finish is the door sills and fender spears. Waiting for parts for those.

If you send me a note I can put you in touch with the seller.

Pat
                        Pat Dilling
                        Olivehurst, CA
                        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I am in the final stages of reassembling a '54 starliner Commander for a friend. He is no longer able to drive and plans to sell it. It just came out of the paint shop where it was media blasted, all flaws and some minor rust were properly repaired and it was painted it's original colors, yellow with a red top. The car is in orginal condition and the odometer shows about 74,000 miles. All of the stainless and chrome are good and most of the rubber has been replaced. It has a fresh 232 with automatic trans. This car drives well. It would be a very
                          clean driver and should be dependable for a long time. I do not know what price Doug will be asking for it. Email me at p.dilling@omcast.net and I can send pictures or you can see some when it was in stages of reassembly here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9729183...7601712730111/

I will try to add more photos tomorrow with the grills in place. All I have left to finish is the door sills and fender spears. Waiting for parts for those.

If you send me a note I can put you in touch with the seller.

Pat
                          Pat Dilling
                          Olivehurst, CA
                          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Comment

Working...
                              X