Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Awesome Article of Acute Awareness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Awesome Article of Acute Awareness...

I was trolling about on the Internet this afternoon when I came across this article concerning a rare and unusual anomaly even by Studebaker standards. Yes, it's that unapologetically-named Scotsman that promised *good* value to the average motorist! Let's get to it.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/index....an-of-1957-58/
    Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 04-14-2018, 09:39 AM.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Shoo-wop, Love your posts and your enthusiasm for cars and Studebakers. I well remember the Scotsman when new and as a car guy thought them way too plain even for the times into which they were introduced. Thanks for posting.

Comment

It was a decent move on Studebaker's part to introduce a car like that for the times. Scotsman sales were good by Studebaker standards, but wouldn't have done a lot for margin as options and accessories are most often the profit driver on low-priced vehicles.

Would it be 'PC' to call a cheaply priced car (or anything) a 'Scotsman' today?

Craig

Comment

Working...
      X