Virgil Marple Studebaker collection to be sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgil Marple Studebaker collection to be sold

Received a phone call from Virgil's long time mechanic/car caretaker that the family is selling off his collection of over 200 cars and trucks of which nearly 100 are Studebakers.
    There will be no auction,cars being sold one or a few at a time.
    Numerous vehicles have already been sold to a number of Virgil's closest car collector friends.
    I will be going there in the next day or two to see what's available.
    I asked and can make a inventory and take pictures of cars and trucks for sale.
    All vehicles have a fixed price....this is not a show up and haggle sale.Buy or walk away is what I was told.
    Watch this post as I will update it after I get pics and info.
    I will also provide a contact number of the individual tasked with the sell off.
    Due to it being Spring and muddy conditions I was asked to mention no more than 2 cars can visit at a time.
    All vehicles have been inside since Virgil owned them.
    I am editing this post to say that all the vehicles have been appraised by a outside source to determine values.
    Last edited by bob40; 04-09-2018, 05:54 PM.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Where about sis this ?
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Bob, any chance you could let me know where my former ‘53 Studillac ends up?

Comment

I'm looking for a '53 Starliner (not black or white) and a '55 Speedster.
        1952 Studebaker Champion Starliner
        1953 Studebaker Champion Starliner
        1965 Oldsmobile 98 Convertible
        1967 Mercedes 250SL

Comment

I take it this includes the 1947 Curtis Wright camping trailer ?? It's a model 3 the only one left according to the registry manager .

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
            Where about sis this ?
            Near Minneapolis Minnesota

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
            Bob, any chance you could let me know where my former ‘53 Studillac ends up?
            Sure,Matthew. I'll check on that for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Likes2Laff View Post
              I'm looking for a '53 Starliner (not black or white) and a '55 Speedster.
              I will be taking pics and getting prices. He had both of what you mention. As a number of cars have been sold I can't say what is still available.
              I will be there either Tuesday or Wednesday this week.

Comment

Originally posted by old fart View Post
                I take it this includes the 1947 Curtis Wright camping trailer ?? It's a model 3 the only one left according to the registry manager .
                Until I get there I can't say for sure if it is part of the sale.

Comment

I was expecting a VanDerBrink auction being that the collection is so extensive, though it would have been difficult auctioning these vehicles being so tightly packed in the buildings.
                  Though I am not in the market for anything right now, I look forward to any photos and pricing that you share.
                  sigpic
                  In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I'm in the market for a nice to excellent '64 Daytona convertible. Please advise.

Comment

First update of 3
                      A number of the cars have been sold and are still there due to the long lasting winter/short spring.
                      I was in a 3 of the buildings and ran out of time and battery for the camera. There are still 2 buildings to go with some of the best cars in one of them.
                      I still have to take pics of a bunch of Avanti's. I took 1 pic per car to get the ball rolling.
                      For those who would wish me to correctly identify Avanti's by Avanti or Avanti II do that in the privacy of your own home.
                      A reminder that the prices were set by a appraiser and are NON-NEGOTIABLE.
                      If anyone needs more information they can call Trevor at the number listed below and he will answer questions and send more pictures.
                      Trevor can be reached from 10am-4pm CST (Central Standard Time) at 763-244-5669
                      Attached Files

Comment

Update 2. If you click on the picture you can see price.
                        If anyone needs more information they can call Trevor at the number listed below and he will answer questions and send more pictures.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Update 3.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the pics Bob.

Regarding the red/white ‘53 Studillac, I know it’s history going back to at least 1965. I’m 99% sure it’s a genuine Bill Frick car, though others who never saw it have disagreed. I’ll be happy to share what I know if anyone is interested in purchasing that one. The car needs restoration but it ran great when I owned it and I think the $8000 price tag is a steal.

Comment

Thanks Bob!
                              sigpic
                              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
                              X