Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know what this '58 GH sold for at Mecum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know what this '58 GH sold for at Mecum?

Nice car but darn it; door handle guards installed upside-down! I bet half of them I see are like this.

Still, sharp '58.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Sold for $41,800

Comment

Does rarity of the 58s make them worth more than the 57s?
      I know most People want a Gold Golden Hawk, but could a rare color boost the value?
      My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
      sigpic
      Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
      in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

Was it still Tiara gold in 58? That color doesn't seem yellow enough to me. Were both 57 and 58 the same color gold?
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
          Was it still Tiara gold in 58? That color doesn't seem yellow enough to me. Were both 57 and 58 the same color gold?
          No, Roy; the "golds" in 1957 and 1958 were different formulas; different, but similar, colors.

According to my 1954-1959 NAPA / Martin-Senour Automotive Color chip book, 1957 Tiara Gold was their formula #90R3291, whereas in 1958, the "gold" was known as White Gold and was formula #90G3521. There was no color known as Tiara Gold in 1958. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That makes sense. Thanks. I like the 57 gold much better than the gold in this auction.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
            X