100 Years on the Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Years on the Road

My father sold Studebakers off and on from @ 1947 thru 1962. In 1952 Studebaker published a book the size of a magazine titled "100 Years on the Road". Its the size of the old Life/Look magazines, 76 pages, with storys and lots of pictures dating back to pre-autombile thru 1952. Its in pretty rough shape torn and tattered. I presume there are alot of these publications still around? Just wondered what it might be worth. It was written too early to include my '59 pickup.

Richard Quinn has a stash of those.I bought a couple about 2 years ago.I would bet he can quesstimate a value.It is a really cool,interesting book.I donated one to my sons elementary school.and a year later,they sent it home with his little brother.Guess they did not appreciate it.

Comment

Richard Quinn has a stash of those.I bought a couple about 2 years ago.I would bet he can quesstimate a value.It is a really cool,interesting book.I donated one to my sons elementary school.and a year later,they sent it home with his little brother.Guess they did not appreciate it.

Comment

Our Studebaker dealer gave me one when my Mother bought her 53 Champion. I was 8 years old at the time, but I still have it. It is in rough condition, though.

The show up on eBay occasionally for about 25-30 dollars.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Our Studebaker dealer gave me one when my Mother bought her 53 Champion. I was 8 years old at the time, but I still have it. It is in rough condition, though.

The show up on eBay occasionally for about 25-30 dollars.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

John, condition means a lot on these pieces. If you really want to know the value put it on eBay and let the market tell you. If you are asking for estate reasons or for some other purpose probably not as much as on eBay
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

John, condition means a lot on these pieces. If you really want to know the value put it on eBay and let the market tell you. If you are asking for estate reasons or for some other purpose probably not as much as on eBay
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JohnL

Its in pretty rough shape torn and tattered. I presume there are alot of these publications still around? Just wondered what it might be worth.
                $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

John; Avantidon is correct- condition is everything. I have sold two (one on eBay, one at a swap meet) that were in excellent condition. Got $40 for both. Have sold several that had separated covers, were well worn, creased, folded, etc. Was lucky to get $15 to $20. They were in fair to good condition. They are not a rare item.

Frank Drumheller
                Louisa, VA
                '60 Lark Regal VI 4 door sedan
                '48 M16-52 Studebaker/Boyer fire truck

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JohnL

Its in pretty rough shape torn and tattered. I presume there are alot of these publications still around? Just wondered what it might be worth.
                  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

John; Avantidon is correct- condition is everything. I have sold two (one on eBay, one at a swap meet) that were in excellent condition. Got $40 for both. Have sold several that had separated covers, were well worn, creased, folded, etc. Was lucky to get $15 to $20. They were in fair to good condition. They are not a rare item.

Frank Drumheller
                  Louisa, VA
                  '60 Lark Regal VI 4 door sedan
                  '48 M16-52 Studebaker/Boyer fire truck

Comment

I have had some of these. I have sold the best/good condition ones for $20 each. The value goes down sharply for copies in poor condition because most want these collectible items in good condition and they are available in good condition. To directly answer your question, I would say $10 based on your description.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I have had some of these. I have sold the best/good condition ones for $20 each. The value goes down sharply for copies in poor condition because most want these collectible items in good condition and they are available in good condition. To directly answer your question, I would say $10 based on your description.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info. I just wondered whether I had the only one in existence. I'm not really interested in selling...my two brothers would kill me if I did...they're jealous I inherited it.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info. I just wondered whether I had the only one in existence. I'm not really interested in selling...my two brothers would kill me if I did...they're jealous I inherited it.

Comment

Working...
                          X