PDA

View Full Version : 38th Anniversary.....

Lou Van Anne
04-08-2018, 04:47 PM
.....we have been together since April 7th of 1980. (My longest lasting love affair). I ordered her in November of 79 and picked her up April 7th, 1980.....she looks just as good now as she did back then! Wish I could say the same about myself.....71631 :D:D:D

Cowtown Commander
04-08-2018, 05:21 PM
Lou am I correct that you ordered this Avanti new? With this car being picked up in 1980 why is it a 1979 Avanti? If you purchased this car new from Avanti can you tell us a little about the ordering process and did you pick up the car at the factory?

Lou Van Anne
04-08-2018, 05:29 PM
I assume because she was ordered in November of '79 (at the factory...exactly the way I wanted her....wish now I hadn't ordered the sunroof) and yes, I did pick her at the factory. They sent me almost weekly reports during her build.
Lou am I correct that you ordered this Avanti new? With this car being picked up in 1980 why is it a 1979 Avanti? If you purchased this car new from Avanti can you tell us a little about the ordering process and did you pick up the car at the factory?

52 Ragtop
04-08-2018, 08:29 PM
Lou Looks like you have ONLY a week on us! We were married on April 12th, 1980! Went to Reno on our Honeymoon in My (Our) 63 Avanti, which we still own! Congratulations to you two! Jody & I met on December 1, 1979.

Cowtown Commander
04-09-2018, 12:55 PM
Lou you did what I wanted to do but with young family didn't have the funds for a new Avanti II. Texas does not permit a manufacturer to sell directly to a purchaser so Jack Williams Chevrolet in Fort Worth handled all sales for the Altman Avantis sold in the state of Texas. Jack had a long history with Nate and Leo as he had been a regional sales manager with Packard and called on their Packard Dealership. I was able to buy a couple of Avanti II as used cars but never had the opportunity to order a new one. Nate had passed away by the time you ordered yours so did you deal with Arnold? With you ordering the car I guess you got to pick your interior color and interior and exterior colors and other options. I notice you had wire wheels but my old eyes can't determine if they were Borrani or Daytons -- Borrani were more attractive to me but started to rust when you went through the first puddle.

Lou Van Anne
04-09-2018, 03:53 PM
Appliance.....they were originally on my work car (76 Chrysler LeBaron) and then put them on my Avanti....they now have over 200,000 miles on them.....originally came with wire wheel covers that said, forgive my French: Chevrolet :eek: when you took off the Avanti decal.
Lou you did what I wanted to do but with young family didn't have the funds for a new Avanti II. Texas does not permit a manufacturer to sell directly to a purchaser so Jack Williams Chevrolet in Fort Worth handled all sales for the Altman Avantis sold in the state of Texas. Jack had a long history with Nate and Leo as he had been a regional sales manager with Packard and called on their Packard Dealership. I was able to buy a couple of Avanti II as used cars but never had the opportunity to order a new one. Nate had passed away by the time you ordered yours so did you deal with Arnold? With you ordering the car I guess you got to pick your interior color and interior and exterior colors and other options. I notice you had wire wheels but my old eyes can't determine if they were Borrani or Daytons -- Borrani were more attractive to me but started to rust when you went through the first puddle.