• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Commander V8 on Copart.com

This could be a cool car.

Why does it say "wagon" ?

Comment

It also lists the color as creme and says it has no engine. Typos?
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Do you think the obvious errors have anything to do with the FACT that all of the Copart's are Crooks and Idiots?

They will "Clean your Wallet" by the time you are done with the Transaction Fees, Title Fees, Taxes, Membership Fees, Premiere Membership Fees, Environmental Damage Fees, etc.

This Commander HAS a V8 and the Dual Headlight Option and IS and was Laguna Blue Metallic.

The Mileage MAY be: 65,507, the first Digit is solid and circular at the bottom, like a 0, 3, 5, 6, or 8. Certainly NOT; 96,172
        Last edited by StudeRich; 04-08-2018, 01:40 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It's good to know that Coparts may not be totally honest. If anybody were to make a deal on the car, they could ask a lot more questions, to fend off the unexpected. It would be a cool project. I think that the pictures make it look worse than it is. It appears to be an auto trans. The current bid is $80.00, but if there are hidden fees, that could be a lot higher.
          Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

If it casts a shadow, its restore-able. LOL

Comment

Comes with extra parts. And I love the ventian/louver shade in the rear window. What happened to all those?
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                If it casts a shadow, its restore-able. LOL
                That is pretty funny. Other people will see a piece of junk, and I will think that I can save it. I never stop to think of all of the time, work , and parts it will need to revive it. I have a few that are barely casting a shadow now. LOL
                Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Good strategy. When taking a car to the junkyard, first stuff it full of all the other junk you have laying around the shop or the yard just to get rid of it. I have done this.

Unless these parts shown inside the car are good ones for the car that could aid in the restoration, then I stand corrected.

Comment

MEMO to whoever the new owner may be.............I have a good hood for the car available in Phoenix, along with a bunch of other 64 parts it may need.
                    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                    1950 Champion Convertible
                    1950 Champion 4Dr
                    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                    1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                      Comes with extra parts. And I love the ventian/louver shade in the rear window. What happened to all those?
                      I am with ya! Always loved the look of the blinds/shades in cars.
                      1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

I went to look at the car. It was only about 20 minutes away. The cowl, floor, and other parts are rusted through. This is very rough, but has lots of good parts. I'm bringing it home tomorrow!

Comment

Pm sent

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by abkco View Post
                            I went to look at the car. It was only about 20 minutes away. The cowl, floor, and other parts are rusted through. This is very rough, but has lots of good parts. I'm bringing it home tomorrow!
                            Cool beans, Justin; 'good to see that it will yield some useful parts if it can't be redeemed as such. 'Good on you. BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Disc brake wheel? If the deck lid is in decent shape it is worth the price...

Comment

Working...
                              X