PDA

View Full Version : Molding

old fart
04-08-2018, 03:07 PM
What should it cost for NOS a left front fender molding for a 65 Daytona Sports Sedan , can't find any advertised any where .This is a single piece one and not a two piece one like the commanders had .

Warren Webb
04-09-2018, 04:42 PM
Is it the same as the 65 Cruiser? I'm pretty sure I have one if it is the same but cant get it until I'm on one of my trips to the old homestead in California. Perhaps someone might have one at the SB meet in a couple of weeks.

2R5
04-09-2018, 06:00 PM
What should it cost for NOS a left front fender molding for a 65 Daytona Sports Sedan , can't find any advertised any where .This is a single piece one and not a two piece one like the commanders had .

Terry I think it’s a 2 piece trim , the front 6 inches is a separate piece.

old fart
04-09-2018, 09:49 PM
Bob :
Will have to take the winter cover off and check . I was sure it was a one piece but I have been wrong once before .Does your wagon have the same moldings??
Warren :
I am not sure if the Cruiser one is the same or not . The Daytona one has the black flat paint on the two 3/16 indentations with the wider part between polished aluminum . I know the commander ones are the exact opposite . I guess now this is the second time I'm wrrrong . it is a two piece . Which leads me to another question is the whole moulding wrong side or is it just the short piece up front and it available separately ?? it leans outwards at the top more than it should . I think it should be tight against the fender as the right side does and the back part is tight to the fender. Guess I am now looking for more answers . Thanks guys
Terry

Bullet
04-09-2018, 10:10 PM
I believe they are all that way. 2piece, with the first 6 inches or so being the part that has the spear or point on it. I believe I saw them NOS on SI’s last catalog. Can’t remember the page no.

Mark

StudeRich
04-10-2018, 03:09 AM
Commanders are 1 piece, narrow stainless steel MOULDINGS, COMPLETELY different than the Daytona and Cruiser which are wider, 2 piece Aluminum and opposite Type Black stripes on '64 only, Center wide stripe is '64 Daytona, TWO narrow stripes are '64 Cruiser and '65 Daytona AND '65 Cruiser both the Same in '65.