Awesome Youtube Series - CorvetteBen and a 1958 Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Youtube Series - CorvetteBen and a 1958 Commander

For once, there is a quality series out there in cyberspace that actually makes an effort to show a Studebaker being treated right! On top of this, it's all done by a relatively young fellow out of Texas (always a good sign).

Here is the link, it's on a playroll for 14 separate videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGFi...2snOwVvnygo12x

Happy Viewing!
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Yep! Seen it before, good one exept "stole that from Edsel" about the speedo...

Comment

I watched the first one. Will have to make time to watch the others.
      I like the fact that he's taking a semi-operable solid car and making it as safe and functional as it was originally, without plunging in to the expensive make it look new urge.
      Will certainly turn some heads when in use.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

That was fun. Comments:
        1. I think he forgot to do the carb rebuild episode. The last I saw he was dunking it in the cleaner.
        2. He kept complaining about the brakes (need 2 feet - pulls to the right), did he think to adjust them? Or, inspect them?
        3. I was a little surprised that he did not inspect the fuel tank or drain the old fuel out.
        4. I wonder if he drained and replaced the lubricant in the differential.
        Still, I think he did a fair job of showing what he did. I give it a thumbs up.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I watched all or most of those a while back. Currently he is working on a '59 Mercury and also recently got a '53 Olds, both in similar shape. I enjoy watching his stuff. Not trying to do any restoration, just a resurrection as it were to some unloved cars that have sat a long time. Another channel with somewhat similar content is "coldwarmotors" from Canada, although watch out for some blue language.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Oh yeah, coldwarsmotors also have Studebaker, maby 2 of them, don't remember, but they are 57-58 sedans too.

Comment

Working...
            X