PDA

View Full Version : South Bend In May for swap

candbstudebakers
04-07-2018, 11:24 AM
As time winds down and the end of April get close to the date I will be leaving for South Bend I need to know if anyone needs or wants the large X member and side rails from a 76 Avanti, the rails are cut just before and after the area that the X member ties in, it is large and heavy and going to scrap it some one does not speak up and save it. it is free but will charge a fee to deliver it to S/B as it takes up a lot of room on the truck. I would be a lot easier for me to just set it along side the shop for the scrap man but being the Studebaker man that I am I will hold off doing that for a little while longer, same with the rear springs off the same car also some other parts from the car, let me know or it goes off to China. candbstudebakers@abcglobal.net

studegary
04-07-2018, 11:53 AM
There have been several people on the AOAI Forum that have rusty center sections on their Avanti's frames. I tried to direct them to you and the SDC Forum. It seems that many do not want to come here. You may want to post what you have from the parted Avanti on the AOAI Forum.

EDIT: If you had "Avanti frame" in your post title, it would help a lot for people searching for one. Your current title of SB in May gives no one the idea that you have anything for sale.

candbstudebakers
04-08-2018, 11:56 AM
Thanks Gary, I don't think I can change the title so it is what it is as far as the AOAL forum I am not on there and only have time for one, I will be bringing a truck load of extra parts all cheap and some free, but most are really cheap so please find me at the swap.

warrlaw1
04-09-2018, 03:14 PM
Hi Bob. I'll catch up with you in South Bend. I need some tinted flat glass for the 54 coupe if you have any. Both doors and rear quarter windows. I need a driver's side door flipper set for the 55 HT. Also looking for a decent rear bumper for the 54. Could use a 12 volt under the fender heater motor for a coupe. Glad to see you coming back again. Cheers.

tim333
04-09-2018, 05:11 PM
Bob you can change the title in your post. Click on edit post, then go advanced, which allows you to change the heading.

candbstudebakers
04-13-2018, 11:19 AM
I will be setting the "X" member out for scrap on Monday, one can not hang on to every thing waiting for someone to want it.

tim333
04-13-2018, 06:36 PM
Bob, have you tried to change the title of this post per the notes I posted in #5?

oilnsteel
04-13-2018, 07:10 PM
Bob, I'm interested. Just got a '53 convertible project today. What is the delivery fee?

TX Rebel
04-14-2018, 11:10 PM
I have a Lark conv. frame for $500. if anyone needs it.

candbstudebakers
04-15-2018, 10:54 AM
Jim check your PM's