PDA

View Full Version : Selling 62 GT 4 sp

Hawkowner
04-04-2018, 11:29 PM
I am selling my 62 . Black. 4sp 289 60 over. PS New front disc brakes under dash air. New billet electronic disc. New tires American racer wheels New steel brake lines. power steering. Pictures and more details on Sarasota Crags List New front floors. Car has had a frame off restoration. $14900 or reasonable offer.I have the parts to put it back stock if desired plus some extra parts.
Private message
Hawkowner for more details.

scottsewall
04-05-2018, 02:54 AM
https://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/d/1962-studebaker-gt-4sp/6530838583.html

bensherb
04-05-2018, 04:36 AM
https://images.craigslist.org/00c0c_6vjpNG27gup_600x450.jpg

Nice looking car, has it been raised up somehow? It appears to sit at least a couple inches higher than my '62.

Kurt
04-05-2018, 07:25 AM
My Dad had one like that back in the 60's. First car ride of my life was home from hospital I a black 62 GT. That would have been in Late June of 1966. I think that ride sealed my Studebaker fate..... someday maybe I will own one.....

52-fan
04-05-2018, 09:14 AM
If I had the room, I would be looking at that car. I had a white 62 GT with an automatic. I always wanted a black 4 speed car.

JoeHall
04-05-2018, 09:37 AM
That's a very nice looking GT, and I see tons of money and labor someone has put into it. Anyone would be hard pressed to find another one, for your asking price. Why have you decided to sell it?

junior
04-05-2018, 09:57 AM
Wow, love the color-combo, and those wheels & white walls give a striking look to the whole car. Sweet! cheers, junior

sals54
04-05-2018, 10:35 AM
I love the car as well. Gorgeous car for a decent price.
Your price point, though, is knocking on the door of the upper echelon of buyers. The pictures in the ad is a tell tale sign of what the owner thinks of his car and how its presented speaks volumes about it. I'd like to suggest a few things to fix in the ad to help you reach out to the potential buyers you're looking for.
Take new pictures and keep your fingers out of the view screen.
Clock the steering wheel so the Hawk is pointed up.
Replace the steering wheel cover with a new one.
Clean the floor under the disc brake photo and don't have things in the background.
Take new pictures in an upscale part of your town. I've often used a Golf Country Club to stage a car and take numerous shots in front of the beautiful gardens they often have in front of the main Clubhouse.
Now then, before you get upset with me, please note that yours is the type of car I used to buy and flip. I would buy a car like yours, do nothing more than fix the pictures and sell it on ebay for a nice little profit. I tried never to be greedy with the selling price, and felt I could leave plenty of equity on the table for the new buyer, but this is how we did it. Better pictures make for a better sale.
It's the only real means of showing the new buyer the cars true potential.
If someone out there was thinking of buying this car to flip it for a profit, then I apologize for blowing your cover.
Good luck on the sale. The car really does look fantastic.

JoeHall
04-05-2018, 12:09 PM
If that car were mine, the only things I'd do to it would be to drop a T85/OD in it, and connect the air conditioning. :)

Hawkowner
04-05-2018, 12:42 PM
Thanks for tips.I have a friend that sells on e Bay and is going to do a photo shoot.
Hawkowner

Commander Eddie
04-05-2018, 12:47 PM
Hawklover, which Edelbrock Carb did you install on it?

Hawkowner
04-05-2018, 04:07 PM
500 cfm AFB copy with manual choke

sals54
04-05-2018, 06:15 PM
I'm glad you did not take my comments as negative. I am really trying to help. I've sold hundreds of cars on ebay and the pictures are what sell the car. Background is very important, i.e. make sure a tree is not "growing" out of the car somewhere in the background. Clean and tidy. Don't use a flash when shooting the car, and best in shade, unless unavoidable. Then shoot both sides of the car facing the sun the same, so both sides match in the pictures. Interior shots only done outside in the shade with no flash. Etc etc etc. I hope it sells very well for you. I like it when sale prices go up. It makes all of our cars appreciate in value.