PDA

View Full Version : Who's looking for a nice 289 ??

jackb
04-04-2018, 04:56 PM
Just got a 1963 Cruiser. Rust bucket. 55K original. 289/PS/AT..... was inspected and insured and plates taken off on last week. Sewing machine engine. Needs sealing and block flush. Can be driven to your home in New England/NY-NJ if adventure, AAA card, & a gallon or so of oil in the trunk. $800. Very nice running gear.... Bring your repair plate, drive it home....PM if interested. I'm presently in library with dead PC... be patient. Car in MASS.

StudeRich
04-04-2018, 05:06 PM
For those on the East coast, I am sure a real PHONE number would help a LOT in this case, with no instant computer response possible, and no details or clearly understood info here at all.

"if adventure, AAA card, & a gallon or so of oil in the trunk." ????????????? :confused:

63t-cab
04-04-2018, 05:30 PM
Clearly they'll exchange phone #s by way of the Pm !!!

Pop's Chariot
04-04-2018, 06:01 PM
I'm lookin for this but in California.....damn

studegary
04-04-2018, 09:18 PM
The guy on LI with the 289 problems could have used this a few months ago.
Is this a rose mist Cruiser?

lugamatic
04-05-2018, 07:48 AM
Pm sent thank you

jackb
04-10-2018, 10:07 AM
Ok - I've got internet service back a little while ago. I have responded to a few folks on the car by phone. This is an Ermine White Cruiser with chestnut Cloth interior. This car was simply a car show vehicle for the last 20 years and no cosmetic help along the way. There are holes in just about every panel, interior very worn, and wide white tires that hold air and have been driven distances <100 miles for the past few years. Relatively new exhaust (custom), probably original brakes (non-PB), and spent front end bushings. All glass and trim in very nice shape. Window regulators worn and glass held up by left over weather seals. I step on the Stromberg once to the floor and it starts right up on fast idle, with a kick down and good idle, NO engine noise (includes lifters). All A/T selections work including kickdown, shifts perfect and drives nicely tho with challenging disconnected PS and front end bushing wear/wandering. This car was driven frequently for 20+ years and always insured and registered. Owner removed thermostat for a likely block flow impediment and radiator muck. The fellow drove the car to me (30 miles) and it arrived @ 180 degrees, stayed that way on my test drive (mixed) and will just climb north of that temp if it sits idling for > 30 min.
If someone here in greater New England/NY/NJ/PA wanted to drive this home, they would need there own plates, AAA card, cell phone, a gallon of oil (usual leaks), perhaps some water(unless they drive ~50-60 mph), and they may have a fun adventure with unknowns abound. I personally would trailer the car beyond 75 miles. Questions/interest....1-781-248-637nine (eves: Jack)

jackb
04-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Bump back to beginning... sale fell through...