PDA

View Full Version : Turning Wheels

David56j
03-27-2018, 10:59 AM
I received my April Turning Wheels yesterday via first classmail. The first one I have received timely since the change. The print on the labelis so small it is hard to read. The "DoNot Bend" and "First Class" need to be in large print.

63t-cab
03-27-2018, 09:49 PM
I agree about the print needing to be LARGER, I thought We were recently told here on the Forum this was being addressed. maybe not really ?

Avantidon
03-28-2018, 08:14 AM
Folks they have been increased four times since the change. I'll get them larger. I had no problem seeing mine that came last Saturday.

Roly Lusted
03-28-2018, 09:38 AM
Explain to me why the font on the label needs to be larger. The only person who needs to be able to read the label is the postal authorities and they seem to be doing just fine. Or am I missing something?

63t-cab
03-28-2018, 10:26 AM
Well I have had My share of idiots that need all the help they can get !

Explain to me why the font on the label needs to be larger. The only person who needs to be able to read the label is the postal authorities and they seem to be doing just fine. Or am I missing something?

old fart
03-28-2018, 10:42 AM
Don :
Will let ya know when April hits Manitoba then I'll let ya know when Turning Wheels gets here , just hope by the first week in April .

Terry

6hk71400
03-28-2018, 10:45 AM
Well I have had My share of idiots that need all the help they can get !

On behalf of all the United States Postal Service retired and current employees, thank you for your commentary.

Bob Miles
Different by Design, Different by Delight!

Avantidon
03-28-2018, 04:59 PM
Terry,

It has been in the CPS for at least five days now so should be showing up soon. Thanks for letting me know when it arrives.

Don

63t-cab
03-28-2018, 06:17 PM
Bob, and any One else that may be offended ! " I should have been more specific" My rant is focused on a small group of Employees at My local P.O., has no bearing on "as a hole". yet they have expert Folks that do the Job whole Hearted,that I have respect for. doesn't matter where or what one does for a Job/living,but if the attitude is I don't care,just want to put My time in. then to Me THEY are the idiots, one of My pet peeves !

My apologies.

On behalf of all the United States Postal Service retired and current employees, thank you for your commentary.

Bob Miles
Different by Design, Different by Delight!

Roly Lusted
03-28-2018, 08:10 PM
Don, Just so you know, Good Friday and Easter Monday are postal holidays here in Canada. This may delay Turning Wheels somewhat.

Terry,

It has been in the CPS for at least five days now so should be showing up soon. Thanks for letting me know when it arrives.

Don

Avantidon
03-29-2018, 05:49 AM
Thanks Roly

jclary
03-29-2018, 07:23 AM
HEY DON! Got mine yesterday!:cheers:

I hope the print size is sufficient:rolleyes:;)

8E45E
03-29-2018, 07:37 AM
Don, Just so you know, Good Friday and Easter Monday are postal holidays here in Canada. This may delay Turning Wheels somewhat.

You forgot to mention we haven't had mail delivery in Canada on Saturday since 1970. In the US, they still deliver mail on Saturday.

Craig

Avantidon
03-30-2018, 10:16 AM
" I hope the print size is sufficient:rolleyes:;) "

John great size and I can see it well and so can the bar code readers used by USPS

Have a Happy and Blessed Easter.

Thanks

63t-cab
03-30-2018, 06:23 PM
I am having a hard time believing the "do not bend" was enlarged 4 times, as it is right now that print is no larger than the rest of my address print size "small print it is"

" I hope the print size is sufficient:rolleyes:;) "

John great size and I can see it well and so can the bar code readers used by USPS

Have a Happy and Blessed Easter.

Thanks

T-CAB
03-30-2018, 06:37 PM
is there nothing better to talk about then when we get "Turning Wheels"??? Give this topic a break!!!!

T-cab

63t-cab
03-30-2018, 07:26 PM
Like many situations, feedback has value regarding services and such.

is there nothing better to talk about then when we get "Turning Wheels"??? Give this topic a break!!!!

T-cab

thunderations
03-30-2018, 07:45 PM
Got mine today. Print on address label does seem small, but if it works, I don't care what size it is. I rip that part off and throw it away, like a banana peel.

Gary1953
03-30-2018, 09:51 PM

T-cab

By all means lets only discuss things that you or someone ordains to be worthy of an open discussion. Not something that a member feels should be talked about.

1951Champion
03-30-2018, 10:08 PM
I love getting TURNING WHEELS every month. It's a true highlight. But has there been discussion about offering it as a .PDF or other electronic "magazine" format in addition to the hard copy? That would solve the "b*tch about the post office" issue....

Green53
03-31-2018, 12:00 AM
Sun City, AZ today 3/30/18

Denny L

Stu Chapman
04-07-2018, 01:51 PM
Terry,

Don

Don, our April Turning Wheels was delivered by Canada Post yesterday afternoon, April 6th. For the record, we are currently receiving first class delivery. Since Canada Post apparently had it in their system on March 23rd, it took 14 days. Allowing for Good Friday, Easter Monday, Saturdays, Sundays, when CP doesn't work, that means they took 8 business days. It will be interesting to see what the difference there is between first class and standard delivery.

Stu Chapman

Xcalibur
04-08-2018, 07:56 PM
From my experience it doesn't matter how large "Do Not Bend" is--on anything, it does not affect many delivery persons' behavior. :p

63t-cab
04-08-2018, 09:22 PM
I can't argue with that, had My share of hits n misses !

From my experience it doesn't matter how large "Do Not Bend" is--on anything, it does not affect many delivery persons' behavior. :p

Avantidon
04-09-2018, 06:46 AM
Thanks Stu. One thing that slowed April's delivery down a bit were two major Northeast snowstorms within five days that some delay.

SusieQ
04-23-2018, 10:49 AM
We received our April Turning Wheels here in Grimsby today. It is in perfect condition and very well done.

Avantidon
04-23-2018, 08:17 PM
Well, Canadian members, May's Turning Wheels will be in the CPS tomorrow. Now it is up to the CPS to deliver it. Hopefully you will receive it in a POLY BAG with carrier pages covering the front and rear pictures. That's all I can assure you. If it arrives bent or the Poly Bag is torn it was done in the CPS. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to get you. Thanks for working with me and I've done the best I can do to assure a prompt and clean delivery.

2moredoors
04-23-2018, 08:46 PM
I received my April TW today (WELLAND, ON CANADA).