1938 Studebaker President Coupe restoration project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1938 Studebaker President Coupe restoration project

I am restoring one of these babies, apparently the only one remaining in Aust, built RHD in Ontario, can anyone help me out with a wheel clamp for the spare on the front left fender which I believe also suits other S'baker models?? cheers

You should also place your wants over on the Antique Studebaker Club site. That is of course if you haven’t already done so.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

The clamp or the wing nut that secures it? By the way there were no Studebakers assembled in Walkerville, Ont in 1938. They did assemble cars in the Pacific plant (Vernon) however. RHD cars were also assembled in both South Bend and Los Angeles - Vernon. The serial number would indicate which plant assembled the car. South Bend assembled started 7120---, Pacific 7801---.

Click image for larger version

Name:	collectible auto p28-29 captioned.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	1720090
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thnx for the advice...my vehicle is missing the VIN plate so all I have to go on is the stamp on the firewall inside the engine bay - 4CQ-1 308.....Is there anyway I can find out the original VIN, maybe thru the Studie museum as I would love to get the original specs on its production...any advice
        much appreciated

Comment

Thnx for the advice...my vehicle is missing the VIN plate so all I have to go on is the stamp on the firewall inside the engine bay - 4CQ-1 308.....Is there anyway I can find out the original VIN, maybe thru the Studie museum as I would love to get the original specs on its production...any advice
          much appreciated

Comment

Working...
          X