Under bumper C/K air deflector question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under bumper C/K air deflector question

Can someone please verify what 310202 fits? I think 55 C/K models? There are little brackets at the ends I think to bolt the lower portion of the parking light housing. Is that the only difference between 53/54 C/K and the 55s?

Might it fit the other years with minimal mods?

Thank you

Personally I don't think that your project is of adaptation is going to be easy or advantageous. Years ago I separated the mutilated portion of my 1955 Speedster air deflector from the mounting portion, then I attached a NOS front piece, from a later Hawk, to the mounting part. I didn't have a spot welder, so I attached the two pieces together with steel pop rivets and later gas welded them in, because I didn't like the looks of the pop rivets. That was 45 years ago and no way would I even consider it today.

I suppose you could cobble something together, but I don't think that it would look right, or be right. IMO, your best bet would be to sell what you have, and look for the right part. You would be time and money ahead. I think that there should be a huge demand for the NOS part that you have. I would have done anything to get hold of what you have when I restored my car, more the four decades ago!

Comment

That # is for 55 c/k. I saw one sell on ebay for over $1000 a few years ago.
      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
      50 Champion 2 door*
      53 Commander K Auto*
      53 Commander K overdrive*
      55 President Speedster
      62 GT 4Speed*
      63 Avanti R1*
      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Thank you gentlemen.