PDA

View Full Version : serial numbers in V8 2 Dr commanders

old fart
03-22-2018, 12:53 PM
I have found a 65 Commander at least I suspect it is , with a 283 V8 and I was wondering what are the starting and finishing serial numbers . The one I was given falls in the same range as the Daytona Sports sedan or are all V8's in that range and all sixes in the same range ? The only clue that makes me suspicious that the car is not a Daytona Sports sedan is the Commander moldings . Any other clues I should look for ???

Old Fart

StudeRich
03-22-2018, 01:07 PM
Daytonas had Vinyl Roofs, Bucket Seats, Electronic Ignition, Cigar Lighter, the Vanity in Glovebox, Glovebox Light, Parking Brake warning light, Backup Lights, stainless side window Surrounds, wide aluminum body side Mouldings, rear fender Stone Guards, button pleated Seats, and Carpeting all Standard.

A Commander probably had Backup Lights, that's about it.

ALL Sixes had Serial Numbers starting with a C100, ALL V8's are C500.

The Body Tag will tell you WHAT it is.

71184 I can just see the Eyeballs popping out, if you drove THIS into a Classic Car Show! :!: ... "Wow! WHAT is THAT?" ... "I didn't know Ramblers were THAT pretty!"

old fart
03-22-2018, 05:33 PM
Hi Studerich :
Yes I know what a Daytona Sports sedan looks like my wife has one just about the same color as the picture you enclosed . As I don't have access to the car in question I can not look at body number it does however have all the other trim like the trim around the windows , the vinyl roof and the Daytona flags on the side roof panels . I will try to get in touch with the fellow that has it and see if he can supply the body number . Good tip . Thanks .

Old Fart

StudeRich
03-22-2018, 05:44 PM
Probably THIS one:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?103798-1965-Daytona-2-door-parts-car-400&highlight=Daytona+sports+sedan

old fart
03-22-2018, 08:33 PM
No That is a Daytona Sport it is on the registry and is still for sale . Too far for me to drive and bring home .

Old Fart

old fart
03-22-2018, 08:35 PM
Forgot to mention it is in the national roster as a Daytona ?? Have contacted owner and hopefully he will send body ID.

Old Fart