PDA

View Full Version : Pro Street GT Project

Dick Steinkamp
03-21-2018, 09:49 PM
This belongs to a friend of a friend so I don't have much additional info. If interested in details, contact Grant at gmpgrant@yahoo.com. The car is in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Selling as a roller
Rear is 4 bar
9 inch locker
35 spline axles
Rear disc
Fuel cell
Roll cage
Front disc
1 piece fiberglass front end.
Fiberglass trunk lid

swvalcon
03-22-2018, 10:18 AM
For someone that wants to go racing this would be different. Just hope they didn't leave the stock frame under it or you would be way limited on how much power you could put in it.

PackardV8
03-22-2018, 11:09 AM
Very interesting build concept and color choice.

Now, we need to begin a poll as to whether a GT is improved with a '53 front clip or a C/K body is improved with a '64 GT front clip or whether they were both better left as was.

jack vines
Obsolete Engineering Division
of Mager Engine

studegary
03-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Very interesting build concept and color choice.

Now, we need to begin a poll as to whether a GT is improved with a '53 front clip or a C/K body is improved with a '64 GT front clip or whether they were both better left as was.

jack vines
Obsolete Engineering Division
of Mager Engine

IMO - A '53 looks okay with a GT front. A GT looks bad with a '53 front (a clash of round and square).

bensherb
03-23-2018, 04:54 PM
IMO - A '53 looks okay with a GT front. A GT looks bad with a '53 front (a clash of round and square).

Agreed, the GT looks terrible with the '53 front. Isn't a '53 with a GT front basically just a Hawk,... with a horse collar?

Stude Shoo-wop!
03-23-2018, 05:55 PM
Of course, this Studebaker-derived street machine would be equipped with Hoosier tires... The only tires to be named after a regional insult! Love it!!

Jerry Forrester
03-23-2018, 07:28 PM
Of course, this Studebaker-derived street machine would be equipped with Hoosier tires... The only tires to be named after a regional insult! Love it!!

Hoosier??? A regional insult??? I never new that.
But then again, I've never been very PC. There's probably hundreds of things I say everyday that people are insulted by.
My excuse, I'm 75 years old, get over it.

studegary
03-23-2018, 09:35 PM

I do not get the "regional insult" part. I have never resided in Indiana, but Hoosier is the demonym for people that reside in or were born in Indiana. It has been in use for about two Centuries.
On January 12, 2017, the Federal Government officially changed the nickname of people from the state of Indiana from "Indianans" to "Hoosiers", making Indiana the first state not to have a version of their state name in their nickname ("Illinoisans", "Texans", etc.).

Stude Shoo-wop!
03-23-2018, 10:22 PM
I do not get the "regional insult" part. I have never resided in Indiana, but Hoosier is the demonym for people that reside in or were born in Indiana. It has been in use for about two Centuries.
On January 12, 2017, the Federal Government officially changed the nickname of people from the state of Indiana from "Indianans" to "Hoosiers", making Indiana the first state not to have a version of their state name in their nickname ("Illinoisans", "Texans", etc.).

Hoosier??? A regional insult??? I never new that.
But then again, I've never been very PC. There's probably hundreds of things I say everyday that people are insulted by.
My excuse, I'm 75 years old, get over it.

My mistake. I legitimately did not know about that. One can always learn from his elders, after all.