PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles chapter Classic Studebaker Car Show

brngarage
03-21-2018, 11:54 AM
Last minute reminder: The Los Angeles chapter is presenting our Classic Studebaker Car Show THIS Sunday March 25th at Bob's Big Boy in Northridge, CA (Los Angeles area, San Fernando Valley). If you are anywhere close, c'mon down!

SilverHawkDan
03-21-2018, 01:07 PM
I will be driving down from Santa Maria in the Hawk. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and making new ones. This will be the first time some Studebaker people get to see the Hawk hood modifications in person. Can't wait to hear some feedback.
Dan

Commander Eddie
03-21-2018, 01:32 PM
I will be driving down from Santa Maria in the Hawk. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and making new ones. This will be the first time some Studebaker people get to see the Hawk hood modifications in person. Can't wait to hear some feedback.
Dan
Dan, right back in our old stomping grounds. Maybe you can drive by the old house on Jameson Street in Reseda. That's not too far from their.

brngarage
03-21-2018, 02:15 PM
See you Sunday, Dan. Maybe you can get Ed to come along:)

alaipairod
03-21-2018, 03:10 PM
:!!: Looks like Sunday is going to be clear and sunny.....I'm looking forward to a "Big Boy" combo, and a lot of fun..........

Bud
03-21-2018, 04:46 PM
I'll be there with my black 62 GT. Bud

StudeRich
03-21-2018, 07:02 PM
It's gonna be in the Val, fer sure Dude! Groddy! :cool: TOTALLY, VAL! :!:

BE There, or be a Ho-Daddy! :(

TOTALLY!

Warren Webb
03-21-2018, 07:33 PM
Howard, I was hoping to attend along with my latest Champ but we had to rush our schedule of moving to Arizona up so now, all I can say is Best wishes & have a great & successful show!

alaipairod
03-21-2018, 10:39 PM
I remember the lines waiting to get in the Bobs Big Boy in Toluca Lake, after a Pickwick drive in movie........For us it was the time to show off our "builds".... A Friday night exhibition of speed ticket is forever etched in my mind........Smoking my '55 Chevy tires through the intersection...Clocked at 24 MPH.
This Sunday I will show my Hawk, and dream...........

SilverHawkDan
03-21-2018, 10:44 PM
Howard,

Ed would but he lives in Oregon. He does take his Stude's to the local shows and gatherings. He and my younger brother are planning to go to the national in Tacoma this Summer. I am hoping to join them.
Dan

brngarage
03-21-2018, 11:12 PM
Dan, we are hoping a large contingent from the Los Angeles chapter will be in attendance at Tacoma. We are trying to assemble a caravan from here to there with an overnight stop somewhere in northern California. I'll keep you posted (and we can talk about it this Sunday). If we can get it together, maybe Ed can join us on the way?

Commander Eddie
03-22-2018, 09:28 AM
Dan, we are hoping a large contingent from the Los Angeles chapter will be in attendance at Tacoma. We are trying to assemble a caravan from here to there with an overnight stop somewhere in northern California. I'll keep you posted (and we can talk about it this Sunday). If we can get it together, maybe Ed can join us on the way?
Let me know when you expect to be passing through Portland and I would be delighted to join all of you. I love a Studebaker parade! :!!:

SilverHawkDan
03-22-2018, 11:56 PM
Cool Beans!! More motivation to "Get-R-Done".

Commander Eddie
03-23-2018, 10:26 AM
I might even ask the members of the Northwest chapter who plan on going to the International meet if they want to join in and we can combine the two clubs here and make a big show of it cruising up I-5 to Tacoma. Fun!

brngarage
03-26-2018, 11:08 AM
Thank you EVERYONE who attended our Classic Studebaker Car Show!! No firm numbers yet, but it looks like 46 or 47 Studebakers and 1 Packard were there.
Great cars, great people. Lots of spectators! Be ready, we'll do it again next year!

Check out the pictures on our website at www.studebakersla.com.
Click on the link "Pictures from the Classic Studebaker Car Show 2018".

brngarage
03-27-2018, 04:43 PM
Check post #15 for a link to pictures.