PDA

View Full Version : Some great deals on Ebay from Donsoldcarstuff

5brown1
03-21-2018, 09:18 AM
I like to look through the new ebay listings looking for some things I need. Went a bit farther today and came across these bargains.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-bumper-bolt-7-16-x-1-1-2-coarse-Used-Item-4612/121944955130?hash=item1c647c58fa:g:utYAAMXQC-tTDXga

Unfortunately, there appears to only be one available.

And this if purchased will save you $3 off the Studebaker International price. I love the description " used and in poor condition".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-window-door-rubber-seal-653462-Item-1770/272231064165?epid=1656513228&hash=item3f623c6265:g:8TIAAOSwGotWr8g~

These and many, many more bargains to be had from this seller and the shipping is free.

kmul221
03-21-2018, 10:09 AM
Every now & then some dreamer gets on EBay with pie in the sky prices,who knows maybe he will sell it,but I doubt it.
but one can try !

tim333
03-21-2018, 11:59 AM
$22.00 for A bolt??? Seriously ?

creegster
03-21-2018, 12:02 PM
I am genuinely curious, I sent him a message through Ebay. We'll see what he has to say to justify that price...

candbstudebakers
03-21-2018, 12:11 PM
wow what can one say, and to think I scrapped a full box of these over the years, boy one never knows when you really have gold in your hands, Ha Ha and good luck to this guy.

(S)
03-21-2018, 12:46 PM
These guys did a lot for the stude hobby, give him a break. He is a great guy, just guessing at the prices. This is Don Gay's estate (Lowpoint, IL) stuff. He was a long time SDC advertiser. RIP

acolds
03-21-2018, 12:46 PM
I have some used valve cover gaskets and spark plugs for sale best offer

creegster
03-21-2018, 12:47 PM
I got a reply: he says that was an old listing. He updated the price to $11 for a set of 4 bolts. He has sold over 2500 items with that account, so he must be doing something right.....

jts359
03-21-2018, 12:56 PM
Interusting stuff

5brown1
03-21-2018, 03:15 PM
They are not old listings look at the dates.

unclemiltie
03-21-2018, 05:53 PM
Ralph is a great guy whom Wants to see his late brothers collection of Parts go to good homes He is not a parts guy but does love studebakers. He is not always sure what things are worth so is open to offers on items If you ever saw Don’s parts you would know how massive the stash was.

63t-cab
03-21-2018, 07:58 PM
I met and bought from Don some Years ago and He was a very nice Fella,so if Ralph is anything like Don that says something.

Ralph is a great guy whom Wants to see his late brothers collection of Parts go to good homes He is not a parts guy but does love studebakers. He is not always sure what things are worth so is open to offers on items If you ever saw Don’s parts you would know how massive the stash was.

63t-cab
03-21-2018, 08:00 PM
I would have to agree, have talked to others who also would say the same.

These guys did a lot for the stude hobby, give him a break. He is a great guy, just guessing at the prices. This is Don Gay's estate (Lowpoint, IL) stuff. He was a long time SDC advertiser. RIP

creegster
03-21-2018, 08:13 PM
They are not old listings look at the dates.

Ebay has an option where you can have it automatically relist an item if it doesnt sell. Im pretty sure that is what is going on here.

Bo Markham
03-21-2018, 09:05 PM
Ralph is a super nice fellow. He isn't a parts guy and really doesn't know pricing of most stuff listed. He all ways caveats his listings with "offers welcome". Don't take his listings as something some nut dreamed up. He's doing his best to help Don's wife liquidate the remaining inventory of Studebaker and Minneapolis Moline Tractor/Farm Implement Parts. If you see something he has listed and you think the listing price is silly, but you want the item, click onto the "make me an offer" button. Make him a reasonable offer, bearing in mind, he pays for the shipping ($6.75 to $20.00, depending on size of item). I've bought literally hundreds of items from him, each time, concluded with a reasonable offer bearing the above in mind.

Most of his listings are old, items that don't sell the first time usually relist. Besides that, he is honest as the day is long. So, you fellas should really get to know people before you set out to ridicule them..................

studegary
03-21-2018, 09:16 PM
I can understand him not knowing prices. To me, the thing to do is use eBay as an auction as intended. Then the market will set the price.

jclary
03-21-2018, 10:05 PM
Ralph is a super nice fellow. He isn't a parts guy and really doesn't know pricing of most stuff listed. He all ways caveats his listings with "offers welcome". Don't take his listings as something some nut dreamed up. He's doing his best to help Don's wife liquidate the remaining inventory of Studebaker and Minneapolis Moline Tractor/Farm Implement Parts. If you see something he has listed and you think the listing price is silly, but you want the item, click onto the "make me an offer" button. Make him a reasonable offer, bearing in mind, he pays for the shipping ($6.75 to $20.00, depending on size of item). I've bought literally hundreds of items from him, each time, concluded with a reasonable offer bearing the above in mind.

Most of his listings are old, items that don't sell the first time usually relist. Besides that, he is honest as the day is long. So, you fellas should really get to know people before you set out to ridicule them..................

Very true! I have not only bought from Ralph, but had some great phone conversations with him. He is not just slogging through the sale of these parts for personal gain, but to honor his brother and assist Don's widow. When he says "best offer," don't do it unless you are serious. He is very generous when accepting a "best offer." Make an offer and you are likely to own it.;) We are very fortunate that the family didn't just call a scrapper and haul everything away for scrap price.

Jeffry Cassel
03-22-2018, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the laugh!! Be even funnier if some fool buys it!!