Passing of John Nemeth (3-18-18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing of John Nemeth (3-18-18)

Sad news to report. John Nemeth (South Bend) passed away last evening (Sunday the 18th). John was a long time Michiana Chapter member. He volunteered at all the Intl meets and was an all-around good guy. He owned a Avanti and a 1937 Coupe Express but working in a body shop on other people's car he never got around to his own. John also collected Studebaker post cards and South Bend history. The photo below was taken at one of the Intl meets as John was greeting arrivals. John would have been 80 in May. Rest in Peace friend.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	nemeth john2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	1757511
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Sad news indeed. Great guy!
    R.I.P. John
    JS
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Very sorry to learn of John's passing. I've known John for over 40 years and have always been appreciative of his work on SDC's Restoration Commiittee.

Stu Chapman

Comment

John will be missed. He helped me many times and was a great guy

Comment

Sorry to hear that about John , he will definitely be missed .....R.I.P. John
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Indeed, a fine fellow.

One of the first people I got to know in The Michiana Chapter; always pleasant and "Studebaker-enthusiastic" to be around.

RIP, John. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

He was a great guy and a South Bend Studebaker Fixture
              Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
              1961 Hawk 4-speed
              1967 Avanti
              1961 Lark 2 door
              1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Thanks for posting this sad information Richard. John was such a fine Gentlemen. I always looked forward to talking with John during South Bend visits and have great memories of traveling back to South Bend from the Gettysburg international meet in the early eighties. Gods Speed my friend.

Comment

RIP John. will miss talking with you at dinners at Bendix.
                  sigpic

Comment

I will also miss visiting with him at the Bendix restaurant on Friday. Have known John since the 70's. RIP my friend.

Comment

So sorry to hear this sad news. John and I had postcards in common and discussed them at every SB meet. I purchased many cards from him and we enjoyed showing each other the past years 'finds'. RIP John stupak

Comment

I’m sorry to hear this news. John was a great person. He was very instrumental in my purchase of an R2 Standard way back in the early 80s. His presence will be missed at the remaining SB meets, that is for sure!

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. I'll miss John at the May swap meet. He was always around helping out any way he could and will be missed by many. RIP John.

Comment

Studebaker Drivers Club and Michigan chapter lost a great man . I remember John from all the meets and he was a hard worker helping everyone. John you will be missed by hundreds may you rest in peace. Joe Parsons

Joe Parsons

Comment

Working...
                            X