Land Cruisin' For A Bruisin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Cruisin' For A Bruisin'

I managed to find these lovely Land Cruisers that both look ready to strut their executive privilege to the entire world. Enjoy!

1948, $10,500 - https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...525612424.html

1954, $11,500 - https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...525104503.html
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

I like the 54, and I wish it could 'strut its executive privilege' into my garage, but I have too many other 'babys' to take care of. The 48 is in need of a factory air cleaner. That one looks horrible, on a nice old car.
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

There was a time that I would not have given either one of those more than a quick glance, but now they are old enough to attract more attention. I really like the 48, but agree on the air cleaner.
      Where the door strips a factory option? I don't recall seeing those on that early a model. They look normal on the 54.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

That '54 has been for sale for at least two years, if not longer at the same list price. It gets regularly reposted after it doesn't sell. Neat car, I'm just not sure if prices for 4 doors have hit that kind of consideration for the unwashed masses, let alone the CASOs. I'd guess if he dropped it to the sub- $10K range, he'd get some bites.
        Dean Seavers
        Sacramento, CA

Comment

That 48 looks like the perfect candidate for the convertible, chop top, carson top replacement therapy I was dreaming about on another thread.
          Very cool car. Best looking front end of the era. WOW
          sals54

Comment

I agree with the sentiments in previous posts, concerning the air cleaner on the '48. That's simple enough to remedy. I don't think the interior upholstery goes too well with the exterior paint color. It didn't really come that way originally, did it? It would look really sharp, if it was a darker burgundy or maroon color! Or with a dark and light green interior.

Mark
            sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Working...
            X