PDA

View Full Version : Resurecting my Lark, need some stuff

starliner62
03-17-2018, 07:40 PM
My Lark has been idle for a couple of years. The 289 is ready to go in, along with the 5 speed. As any project goes, one repair tends to snowball into so many more repairs.
When I got this car, I pretty much just drove the wheels off of it, just making repairs as needed. i knew the were some rust issues, especially on the right side of the car. I had to replace the metal in and around the hood hinge pocket shortly after I bought it and I knew there were more issues with the metal inside with the a-pillar. I pulled the dash and carpet out to see what I had and it ain't pretty.Typical bondo/fiberglass on the drivers and passenger floor. Some strange repairs above the toe board.
The worst part is forward of the a pillar, on the back side of the hood hinge pocket. Instead of fabricating new metal, I would love to find a decent parts car and cut the a- pillar and cowl area out, then cut and trim the patches as needed. Let me know if you have anything.
I'm also in the market for a 64-66 dash in decent shape. I don't need the instrument cluster. Any color will work as I will make it the right color. Floor plans will come from Classic.
Any help is appreciated.

StudeRich
03-17-2018, 10:26 PM
I can't tell much of the orientation of those too Zoomed-in Pics, but is it possible that a lot of this is caused by the often found condition we find with cars parked under or near trees, the Heater and Fresh Air Intake Box is plugged with Leaves and rusted out? :(

thunderations
03-17-2018, 10:32 PM
I probably have what you need, but NC is a bit of a haul from AZ.
I have a 64 Daytona 4 Dr. that I'm parting the body out, keeping the frame and drive train. It's pretty solid, spending much of it's life in Texas and Arizona. The dash pad is toast, but the rest, minus the gauge cluster is there. The floors have some rust, but not up into the pillars. The right rear latch pillar has already been re-purposed into another rusty car.
If you have any interest, let me know. Shipping by Greyhound might be an option.

starliner62
03-17-2018, 11:00 PM
The heater and fresh air box is good. This rust is next to the fresh air box.

Ron Dame
03-18-2018, 12:43 PM
dan's Larks on the swap page is cutting up cars, might have one to cut up for you and ship.

oilnsteel
03-18-2018, 07:17 PM
I have a dash pad, not bad shape except for some cracks starting by the speaker corners. Will send pictures if you are interested. I'll be near Raleigh early next month. I also have some floor pans from Classic that were never installed that need a new home.
JT

starliner62
03-19-2018, 02:42 PM
JT, I sent you a PM

8E12T6
03-21-2018, 12:36 AM
My Lark has been idle for a couple of years. The 289 is ready to go in, along with the 5 speed. As any project goes, one repair tends to snowball into so many more repairs.
When I got this car, I pretty much just drove the wheels off of it, just making repairs as needed. i knew the were some rust issues, especially on the right side of the car. I had to replace the metal in and around the hood hinge pocket shortly after I bought it and I knew there were more issues with the metal inside with the a-pillar. I pulled the dash and carpet out to see what I had and it ain't pretty.Typical bondo/fiberglass on the drivers and passenger floor. Some strange repairs above the toe board.
The worst part is forward of the a pillar, on the back side of the hood hinge pocket. Instead of fabricating new metal, I would love to find a decent parts car and cut the a- pillar and cowl area out, then cut and trim the patches as needed. Let me know if you have anything.
I'm also in the market for a 64-66 dash in decent shape. I don't need the instrument cluster. Any color will work as I will make it the right color. Floor plans will come from Classic.
Any help is appreciated.

Hello Jamie I might be able to help you // I tried a PM however it does not show sent // contact: perbro at windstream dot net or phone 704 66four-seventeen seventeen // Best Regards pwb