Lark Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Love

So I decided to drive the Lark to work today, haven't had it out for awhile and have never driven it to work before. So last night I backed it in the driveway so I could roll it down the street this morning so I wouldn't totally piss off the neighbors, as I leave at 5:15 am Driving home on the freeway this afternoon, in the slow lane at 60 mph due to the 4.11 gears I had two diifferent people honk and give thumbs up. Then on surface streets close to home I had a city truck pull up next to me and the driver hangs out the window to tell me how cool it is I have driven old vehicles daily for most of my life, my daily is a 56 Chevy pu....But this little Lark gets tons of attention!

All that and we don't get a picture of it?
    Don't tease me.

Lol

Dean.

Comment

Hey Dean its got tons of pics in the picture section under "lumpys lark build"

Comment

I get a lot of thumbs up when I drive my 59' Lark, too. The Lark has it's own look. It followed no styling trends of that year. I believe that might have a lot to do with it. Folks around here often don't know what kind of a car it is but they like it. Lots of questions to answer. I always end up lifting the hood to show them what it's got for a motor. They're often surprised to see a V8. I've had other old cars but this one gets the most attention. It's fun to own. Love those Larks.

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. lavallee View Post
          I get a lot of thumbs up when I drive my 59' Lark, too. The Lark has it's own look. It followed no styling trends of that year. I believe that might have a lot to do with it. Folks around here often don't know what kind of a car it is but they like it. Lots of questions to answer. I always end up lifting the hood to show them what it's got for a motor. They're often surprised to see a V8. I've had other old cars but this one gets the most attention. It's fun to own. Love those Larks.
          Yeah , it was a fun day , my co worker who is 10 years younger than me but is into drag boats etc. Said " Man that thing is stubby but it sure sits Bitchin!"

Comment

I've always thought the '59-60 Larks were the prettiest of all the Lark and Lark-types. Although arguably "stubby," the styling is pretty and looks perfect from all angles to me. Studebaker's own styling department has never gotten the credit it is due for these cars. Another car which perhaps Stude's styling dept. should have had its way on is the '62 Hawk. Studebaker Styling had a "styling study" for the Hawk which used the '58 Starlight HT roof. It was beautiful.
            -Dwight

Comment

How many people have said nice Rambler?
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

I drive one of my Studebakers every day and not a trip goes by without one or more positive acknowledgements from others. Yesterday on my drive home from work a woman pulled along side me on my right and left space for another vehicle in front of her. I looked over to see what she was doing and saw she had her phone in front of her face taking a picture of my truck. I smiled but I don't think she noticed. She took one or more photos and then pulled forward and went right around the corner. Stuff like that happens all the time. I just wish Studebakers had gotten that much attention and respect when they were in business. I'd be driving a NEW Studebaker today.
                Ed Sallia
                Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                  More than one for sure

Comment

I totally agree with the Lark owners above. I also get a lot of thumbs up and positive comments from other drivers. People seem to like the styling of my '59 Lark Hardtop. Love driving it. Now that spring is almost here it'll be going for a lot of drives, either with just me, or with my fellow club members.
                    Rog
                    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Lot of love from the uninitiated, but they are an unfortunate no show at the International meets. Less so at the western meets, but almost nonexistent in the major eastern events.

Comment

I drove my 60 lark sedan to a local fast food place and sat in an area where I could see it. It was fun to watch two young girls taking selfies in front of it. A lot of people stepped back and walked around for a good look. One guy even walked into the glass door while looking. The couple sitting in the booth behind me were enjoying the show as much as me. When they left they said they were going to be in the market for a car so they can enjoy it as much as I do.

Comment

Originally posted by LovelandJoe View Post
                          The couple sitting in the booth behind me were enjoying the show as much as me. When they left they said they were going to be in the market for a car so they can enjoy it as much as I do.
                          Lo and behold, Studebaker effect takes place yet again! This unquantifiable mystique for the Independents is remarkable and likely to help save the U.S. classic car scene.
                          Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                            The only guy I ever knew that said, "Nice Rambler" was driving a GT Hawk..

Comment

Working...
                            X