PDA

View Full Version : New Chapter being formed in Québec

Greenstude
03-14-2018, 02:42 PM
Stefan Brosseau of Granby, Québec is heading the effort to establish an SDC Chapter for members living in Québec. This is the only province in Canada presently without a Chapter.

All SDC members in Québec, and all Studebaker enthusiasts there who are interested in becoming SDC members, are invited to be founding members of the Chapter. For more information, please send me your contact information in a PM, and I will forward it promptly to Stefan.

Bill Jarvis
SDC Regional Manager
Québec and Atlantic Provinces

Stu Chapman
03-14-2018, 08:24 PM
Bill, I know this has been on your priority list for some time so I'm pleased to hear of this progress. The March issue of Turning Wheels shows a new SDC member in Granby, Quebec by the name of Christian Lafrance, so there's an obvious contact.

Stu Chapman

rockne10
03-14-2018, 09:33 PM
This is where a copy of the 2018 roster comes in real handy. I just ordered mine with my membership renewal. Using that roster you could mail out a postcard or email those in Québec.
I wonder if your provincial vehicle services Société de l'assurance automobile could provide a list of registered Studebakers; that could provide contact with owners who are not members of the SDC.
I know those policies vary widely from state to state down here.

Greenstude
03-14-2018, 10:25 PM
Thanks, Stu. Christian Lafrance is a friend of Stefan Brosseau's,

Greenstude
03-14-2018, 10:28 PM
This is where a copy of the 2018 roster comes in real handy. I just ordered mine with my membership renewal. Using that roster you could mail out a postcard or email those in Québec.
I wonder if your provincial vehicle services Société de l'assurance automobile could provide a list of registered Studebakers; that could provide contact with owners who are not members of the SDC.
I know those policies vary widely from state to state down here.

Under privacy legislation, I very much doubt a list would be available from the insurance agency, or motor vehicle registry. I am awaiting arrival of a Roster I ordered a few weeks ago.

studegary
03-14-2018, 10:41 PM
Under privacy legislation, I very much doubt a list would be available from the insurance agency, or motor vehicle registry. I am awaiting arrival of a Roster I ordered a few weeks ago.

Your Regional Director and Zone Coordinator receive lists of current SDC members on a quarterly basis. The last four of these will give you all current SDC members.

plee4139
03-15-2018, 06:33 AM
Marveilleux! J'ai visite Montreal et Quebec City et j'ai amee les deux tres beaucoup. Vive Quebec! Vive Studebaker!

Greenstude
03-15-2018, 12:59 PM
Your Regional Director and Zone Coordinator receive lists of current SDC members on a quarterly basis. The last four of these will give you all current SDC members.

Thanks, Gary. I have contacted them.

Greenstude
03-15-2018, 01:01 PM
Marveilleux! J'ai visite Montreal et Quebec City et j'ai amee les deux tres beaucoup. Vive Quebec! Vive Studebaker!

Et vive le Chapitre! Merçi, Peter.

raprice
03-15-2018, 05:59 PM
Bill, best of luck in forming a new SDC chapter. Welcome to all Stude owners who wish to be part of this momentous occasion. All the best.
Rog

Greenstude
03-15-2018, 06:29 PM
Bill, best of luck in forming a new SDC chapter. Welcome to all Stude owners who wish to be part of this momentous occasion. All the best.
Rog

Thank you, Rog. I will forward your comments to Stefan and those working with him.

old fart
03-17-2018, 01:33 PM
What have you decided on annual chapter dues ??

Old Fart

Greenstude
03-17-2018, 09:35 PM
What have you decided on annual chapter dues ??

Old Fart

That will be decided by the members of the Chapter. No doubt it will depend on the level of services they wish to have --- for example, mailed newsletter vs e-mail distribution, etc. I see myself as a resource person to Stefan Brosseau and those with him in Québec who will form the Chapter, rather than as a decision maker.

In the Atlantic Canada Chapter, of which I have recently been elected President, our dues have been $20 per year since its founding in 1996. The members have accepted a recommendation from the executive to increase the dues to $25 in 2019.