• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out this commercial!

I wonder whose Hawk this is?
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

I have no idea, on who the owner is, but the Hawk sure looks cool in the commercial!
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

We talked about the same advertisement back in November 2015:

Mark L

Comment

Originally posted by Mark L View Post
        We talked about the same advertisement back in November 2015:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=greenville
        I missed that, but they've just started replaying the commercial
        Ron Dame
        '63 Champ

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Dame View Post
          I missed that, but they've just started replaying the commercial
          Must have proven to be effective as they didn't cut another one. Hawk sure looks pretty in that setting, hu?

Comment

We've probably had a smidge of turnover here on the forum since 2015. Three years in the digital world is an eternity.
            I'm glad someone found it a reposted it. I missed it last time.
            Thanks
            sals54

Comment

I don't remember seeing this ad here before either. It certainly was well done and the Hawk fit in perfectly. Possibly somebody here from the Palmetto Chapter can identify the Hawk.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                I don't remember seeing this ad here before either. It certainly was well done and the Hawk fit in perfectly. Possibly somebody here from the Palmetto Chapter can identify the Hawk.
                I remember the ad. I think I remember the Hawk. If it is the one I am thinking about, it looks much better in the ad than up close and personal. I have participated in shows and cruise-ins with the Hawk, and was approached about buying it. I have not seen it or the guy that owned it for at least a couple of years. He wasn't a member of the SDC or a local chapter, but the AACA and made some remark that he didn't need to join or pay any more dues than he already was paying. Although he seemed to enjoy the car, I got the impression he wasn't "All-in" when it came to Studebakers.

As for the ad, many of us, who were born here, kind of chuckle at it. Us "natives," remember when the "so called" beautiful waterfalls of the "Reedy River" was mostly a stinking open sewer. Back in the 1950's & '60's, the water foamed with all sorts of litter, trash, and smelly chemicals. All sorts of "upstream" manufacturers and businesses, dumped waste into the stream. All the fish had died off, and about the only living organisms besides bacteria were crawlfish (crayfish), frogs, turtles, and banded water snakes.

It is great that the place has been cleaned up, but the subsequent (and ongoing) development has led to urban sprawl that has pretty much ruined the area, chasing away wildlife, where the night call of the whippoorwill has been replaced by the sound of emergency sirens. During the day, in the distance, I hear the clanking of bulldozer tracks...like an invading army of tanks, as they remove more & more forested land, and replace it with new rows of future slums. The developments begin to degrade almost as soon as the ink dries on the mortgage. Some call it "progress," but to me...Tranquility Lost.

I may not live to see it, but someday, the entire expanse from Atlanta Georgia to Arlington Virginia, might be an indistinguishable expanse of ghetto. End of rant.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                X