Studebaker record player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker record player?

Seen this on my local Craigslist and was curious about it. Wondered if anyone here might have some information about it. I'm gonna call once the sun comes up, and if it's available likely buy it.

Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Looks to me like a new record player that someone put studebaker on.

Comment

There's a Chinese company that makes a variety of cheap electronics products using the Studebaker name. No longer copyright protected, so legal.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

A pretty basic model. Three speed, but has an AM-FM radio.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

I thought the Club had the rights. Is this not the case?
          Bob
          Bob
          Welland Ontario
          60 Lark Convertible
          64 Daytona
          sigpic
          "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

I bought a new one off ebay because I needed a record player to play some records I have.
            They run about $50 to $60 on ebay, but then you also run the risk of shipping damage, something I'm very familure with.

Comment

Target used to sell a bunch of different Studebaker branded items.
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Well, I heard back from the seller, he said they already had an offer higher than mine ($35)

Guess I should have Googled it, before putting it here.
                Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Comment

Don't worry about missing it. They aren't much good. Low-quality, even for made in China. I bought one of their AM-FM radio CD players, and have it in my shop. It works, but the control knobs always feel like they are on the verge of breaking off. And the push buttons on the front panel require so much force to work them, that the entire unit wants to skid around on the shelf, because it weighs very little.
                  Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by pinehurstbob View Post
                    I thought the Club had the rights. Is this not the case?
                    Bob
                    The club has registered a couple of SDC trademarks, one of which uses the 1960s red/white/blue lazy S. But the word "Studebaker" can be trademarked for any number of products -- and the trademark must be renewed each year. That costs money. There's a company that has been discussed here in the past that currently claims to be getting ready to build Studebakers, and it did at one time hold the trademark on the Studebaker name for vehicles. Don't know if they still do or not.

Last edited by Skip Lackie; 03-12-2018, 12:27 PM. Reason: typos
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks Skip.
                      Bob
                      Bob
                      Welland Ontario
                      60 Lark Convertible
                      64 Daytona
                      sigpic
                      "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Junk!

Enterprising domestic entrepreneur inspired Chinese manufactured. Several different models released to the US mass market some ten years or so ago...

Comment

Working...
                        X