PDA

View Full Version : Ok so follow me here..........

Hawklover
03-10-2018, 01:44 PM
The car is Bacccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk again, this time the seller claims he is the original owner having purchased the car new.

I say bolderdash, he lists a bill of sale from 1965, (from a private part) he is the second owner.........this is not a bill of sale from the Studebaker dealer who actually did sell the car, I say he not being honest and upfront.............he is the SECOND owner.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-Studebaker-Avanti-Regal/323128423469?hash=item4b3bf4742d:g:uRwAAOSwQ3panWRv&vxp=mtr

r1lark
03-10-2018, 02:20 PM
Ah........you don't really think everything you see online - especially in car ads and auction ads - is all true, do you? Maybe the best way is to assume it's all lies unless otherwise proven true. :)

BobPalma
03-10-2018, 02:20 PM
;) Well, it must have been perfect when he bought it, with no mars or scratches on the exterior, because the Bill of Sale distinctly says it is free of all leans.

Financially, however, that wouldn't rule out there having been any liens against it at the time! :lol: :eek: :cool: BP

jclary
03-10-2018, 02:34 PM
Well...aside from that little detail, the car don't look too bad. I have seen so many worse written ads. This one (as they say), ain't so bad.;) I hope the car finds a safe caring home.:)

StudeRich
03-10-2018, 03:05 PM
The latest update says: all offers OVER $25,000.00 will be considered, NOW we are getting closer.

This IS a VERY nice, well kept Car, whether it's had 1 or 2 owners. :rolleyes:

Mark L
03-10-2018, 04:02 PM
Satellite maps show that 134 Ridge St in Pawtucket RI is in a residential neighborhood. I thought I read somewhere that once Studebaker production ceased in South Bend, there were still quite a few unsold new Avantis that took well into 1964 to sell. Regardless if he is the second owner or not, if he bought it in August of 1965, it was nearly new at the time.

Bob Johnstone's Avanti pages show the same person has been trying to sell this car since at least 2010.

Hawklover
03-10-2018, 04:42 PM
Nearly new is not NEW......the seller claims he is the original owner.......this is not the truth, why hide the truth?????? Also I am turned off by the changes he made to a car like new?? Good luck to the person who lays down over 35 large:-(
Satellite maps show that 134 Ridge St in Pawtucket RI is in a residential neighborhood. I thought I read somewhere that once Studebaker production ceased in South Bend, there were still quite a few unsold new Avantis that took well into 1964 to sell. Regardless if he is the second owner or not, if he bought it in August of 1965, it was nearly new at the time.

Bob Johnstone's Avanti pages show the same person has been trying to sell this car since at least 2010.

Hawklover
03-10-2018, 04:43 PM
I cotton to those that tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, especially where my money is concerned.
The latest update says: all offers OVER $25,000.00 will be considered, NOW we are getting closer.

This IS a VERY nice, well kept Car, whether it's had 1 or 2 owners. :rolleyes:

raoul5788
03-10-2018, 06:08 PM

Where is the Rhode Island address from? I don't see it in the ebay listing.

StudeRich
03-10-2018, 06:18 PM
Where is the Rhode Island address from? I don't see it in the ebay listing.

It is the First owner's address on the Bill of Sale to the 2nd. (Current) owner.

raoul5788
03-10-2018, 06:36 PM
It is the First owner's address on the Bill of Sale to the 2nd. (Current) owner.

Ah, further into the pictures than first looked. Thanks.