PDA

View Full Version : 65/66 sport sedans on CL

jpepper
03-09-2018, 10:39 PM
Does anyone know who owns these cars. I tried replying through CL but get no response. I am interested in them.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/d/studebaker-sport-sedans/6489475895.html

Jim

studegary
03-09-2018, 10:51 PM
It looks like a lot to work with if one wants to take on a project.
Note that the pictures are coming up on three years old.

(S)
03-09-2018, 10:55 PM
That is a score, good luck.

Stude Shoo-wop!
03-10-2018, 07:17 AM
A sizable but worthy pair of project vehicles! These should definitely be saved but try to keep a lid on costs, yeah?

candbstudebakers
03-10-2018, 11:31 AM
$2750.00 can buy the pair of parts cars with rust and I can not find a buyer for a rust free 64 Daytona hardtop project car, this car has been mentioned before but will start pushing it again now before I start to install the front clip and rear fenders, I have owned this car for over 25 years with the thoughts of making a 66 hardtop "the car Studebaker should have made" over the years I have collected all the parts to make this happen, front single light head light fenders, 66 grill, 66 dash, flow through vent system, frame mounts to install GM engine. The car has a TT 331 rear end with brackets for traction bars on top all cleaned and painted. bench seat all recovered in original 64 black covers front and rear, I could not get the 66 covers so did the next best thing. the dash is very good with only one small crack, and comes with a extra blue good dash. car had no power steering or brakes. 2 sets of very good doors and rear fenders, very very nice trunk lid, this car would be a show stopper done as a 66 but still could be done as the original 64 I have the chrome pieces for the 64 but not sure of the side trim since I was never going to use it. the fenders , doors ,hood and trunk lid would be bolted on for shipping also seats installed with any other parts put in the car to travel. right now I want $4000.00 for every thing once I start to reinstall thing to put on e-bay the price will go up. I would love to see this car done as a 66 but at my age and no energy to move ahead with it then it is time to sell it. right now I can and will offer to bring it to S/B in May for a fee, but If I sell one of my other cars first that offer will also go for these cars.
1- 1952 commander hardtop show car 32K original miles one very very nice car always a California car, this car is a steal at $20,000
2- 1953 commander coupe v-8 with auto, rust free California car very nice red with white top, about 120,000 miles with new short block installed at 84K miles runs super, a steal at $12,000
3- 1961 4 door Lark with V-8 and auto, original California car with only 48,000 original miles this car is also a steal at only $6,000
Why am I selling these very nice cars at these low low prices? because I am only keeping my 1990 4 door Avanti and these 3 I would like to be sure they go to good homes with real Studebaker people, e-bay might not get Studebaker people but someone that would try and resell again for much more, pictures at request only with an e-mail address..mine is candbstudebakers@sbcglobal.net come on and step up and lets move ahead on these nice cars.

(S)
03-10-2018, 12:37 PM
Bob, I think he wants the parts, not the whole cars which are close to him. Besides a 65 is hardly a 64. 2 totally different cars. Its too bad they do have some corner rust, starting but the floors look great. That one is a great project is disguise, a quick and easy fixer.

Shoo wop, the late cars are cheaper and easy to restore, even more so when you have a 'sample' and almost 2 of everything. Parts cars are the way to go.

StudeRich
03-10-2018, 12:39 PM
You really have to wonder what the CARS look like!

Good Pics of the Rot and Rust.

old fart
03-10-2018, 04:55 PM
Jim ;
The one shown in the pictures is a 66 . If there is supposed to be a 65 besides I don't see any indication of it in any of the pictures .There are suttle changes between the two years . I don't have any record of this car in the registry at this time . Would be a great car to restore .
Terry

StudeRich
03-10-2018, 06:14 PM
Terry; the Blue car is a '66 Daytona Sports Sedan, the Red Car is a '65 Sports Sedan.

old fart
03-10-2018, 09:13 PM
Studerich . Not enough of the 65 to clearly Identify but if you say so .Still would make good project anyway
Terry

jpepper
03-11-2018, 12:44 PM
My desire for them is a solid floorpan in the 66. I'd remove it in one piece. Much better than piecing together repair panels. A forged crank 283 is desirable as well.

PackardV8
03-11-2018, 03:46 PM
A forged crank 283 is desirable as well.Of course, jpepper would build his own, but FWIW, we're knee-deep in forged crank 283" cores. Should anyone want one built, the core charge is only $200.

jack vines
Obsolete Engineering Division
Mager Engine

Mike Sal
03-11-2018, 06:43 PM
I reached out to the seller to see if he would share the '66 information with me for the 1966 registry, but haven't heard back from him. If anyone here winds up with the car, please let me know.
Mike Sal

abkco
03-11-2018, 09:05 PM
Don't the 65's have aluminum face plates and the 66's have faux-wood decals? That would make the red a 65.

Studerich . Not enough of the 65 to clearly Identify but if you say so .Still would make good project anyway
Terry

jpepper
03-13-2018, 01:55 PM
I got in touch with the owner. I look at the cars on Friday. I'll get the VIN numbers of both.

thunderations
03-13-2018, 02:27 PM
Early 66 had the painted wood grain radio and glove box panels. Not sure when they went to the vinyl covered ones, but probably when the painted ones ran out. My 66 Daytona has the painted wood grain......what's left of it.

Don't the 65's have aluminum face plates and the 66's have faux-wood decals? That would make the red a 65.

old fart
03-13-2018, 06:30 PM
Hi Jim ;

Let me know the serial number and some details like owners name for the 65 . Could use a moral boost for the registry
Terry

Mike Sal
03-13-2018, 07:14 PM
The lithographed wood grained dash panels were replaced by the vinyl wood grain panels in early September, '65.
Mike Sal

Studelarkrod
03-16-2018, 12:16 PM
Wow, how did you get in touch with the seller? I tried a couple times with no luck!

Studelarkrod
03-16-2018, 12:18 PM
$2750.00 can buy the pair of parts cars with rust and I can not find a buyer for a rust free 64 Daytona hardtop project car, this car has been mentioned before but will start pushing it again now before I start to install the front clip and rear fenders, I have owned this car for over 25 years with the thoughts of making a 66 hardtop "the car Studebaker should have made" over the years I have collected all the parts to make this happen, front single light head light fenders, 66 grill, 66 dash, flow through vent system, frame mounts to install GM engine. The car has a TT 331 rear end with brackets for traction bars on top all cleaned and painted. bench seat all recovered in original 64 black covers front and rear, I could not get the 66 covers so did the next best thing. the dash is very good with only one small crack, and comes with a extra blue good dash. car had no power steering or brakes. 2 sets of very good doors and rear fenders, very very nice trunk lid, this car would be a show stopper done as a 66 but still could be done as the original 64 I have the chrome pieces for the 64 but not sure of the side trim since I was never going to use it. the fenders , doors ,hood and trunk lid would be bolted on for shipping also seats installed with any other parts put in the car to travel. right now I want $4000.00 for every thing once I start to reinstall thing to put on e-bay the price will go up. I would love to see this car done as a 66 but at my age and no energy to move ahead with it then it is time to sell it. right now I can and will offer to bring it to S/B in May for a fee, but If I sell one of my other cars first that offer will also go for these cars.
1- 1952 commander hardtop show car 32K original miles one very very nice car always a California car, this car is a steal at $20,000
2- 1953 commander coupe v-8 with auto, rust free California car very nice red with white top, about 120,000 miles with new short block installed at 84K miles runs super, a steal at $12,000
3- 1961 4 door Lark with V-8 and auto, original California car with only 48,000 original miles this car is also a steal at only $6,000
Why am I selling these very nice cars at these low low prices? because I am only keeping my 1990 4 door Avanti and these 3 I would like to be sure they go to good homes with real Studebaker people, e-bay might not get Studebaker people but someone that would try and resell again for much more, pictures at request only with an e-mail address..mine is candbstudebakers@sbcglobal.net come on and step up and lets move ahead on these nice cars.

I would love to buy your hardtop car. But I don't have time for another project right now. I am sure there is a buyer out there somewhere

jpepper
03-23-2018, 07:31 PM
I bought both cars and have them home. They will both be parted out. The 66 will contribute its full floor pan for my Superlark. The 66 has a real nice frame. I am saving the interior and dash from the 65. Got NOS quarters, front fenders, doors, and rockers with the two. Both have Dana 44 flanged axle rear ends. I am assuming they are 3.07 but might be 3.31 ratio. both cars are/were 283 auto. Does anybody need anything from these that I don't need?

BobPalma
03-23-2018, 08:09 PM
:) Whatever you do, Jim, don't let the deck lids get away. Scarce in any condition! :cool: BP