PDA

View Full Version : Stone fuel filter

jims53
03-09-2018, 11:48 AM
The other day I received a sale flyer from SI in the flyer they listed the old style "A-C stone fuel filter". Have not seen one of those in a long time, since I was a kid in the 50's, so I ordered two of them, one for each vehicle. Two days later they came in the mail, put one of them in last night. Needed to do a leak check, but I didn't want start it and then turn it off right away. So I waited until this morning, 20 degrees with a light snow (dry snow). It started right up after it's long winters nap, took it for a 10 mile ride to warm it up. Leak checked OK... I sure do like the looks of those stone filters!

StudeRich
03-09-2018, 05:29 PM
So because your Car is a '53, both Champion AND Commander V8 would use the Deep Filter for the AC Fuel Pump which is still available.
I do not believe that the '55 to '64 V8 SHALLOW Stone for the Timing Cover mounted Original Carter Fuel Pump is available any longer.

T.J. lavallee
03-09-2018, 09:09 PM
So my question is: how well do they actually work? Are they pulverized stones packed into a case? Never saw one.

jims53
03-10-2018, 07:56 AM
So my question is: how well do they actually work? Are they pulverized stones packed into a case? Never saw one.

If I knew how to put a picture on the page, I would show you what one looks like...

Son O Lark
03-12-2018, 09:07 AM
This is what most of them look like.