The Classic Auto Show, Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Classic Auto Show, Los Angeles

Our tribe was well represented by both the Los Angeles chapter and the Avanti Owners Club So CalClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1042.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1757432Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1025.jpg
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	1757433Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1016.jpg
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	1757434Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1021.jpg
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1757435Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0971.jpg
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	1757436

Here's a few more pics of the Studebakers;Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2955.jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1719807Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2954.jpg
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1719808Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2956.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1719809Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2957.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1719810Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2958.jpg
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1719811Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2959.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1719812
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. Except for the 1950 Land Cruiser and the Avantis, it looks like all of the Studebakers are modified. I guess it is a southern California thing.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary, the '63 GT Hawk is bone stock and very nice! We welcome totally correct restorations as well as modified cars in our chapter (as long as they are Studebakers).
        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)

Comment

How many Studebakers were there?
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

An even dozen I think. The others were spread out around the Convention Center.

Comment

What is that rectangular thing sitting on the passenger side roof on the drip rail of the yellow 60 Hawk?
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                What is that rectangular thing sitting on the passenger side roof on the drip rail of the yellow 60 Hawk?
                Business cards, a whole band of them.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  Thanks for the pictures. Except for the 1950 Land Cruiser and the Avantis, it looks like all of the Studebakers are modified. I guess it is a southern California thing.
                  I can't speak for the others but in the Avanti booth we had a broad mix. In that picture starting from the right you have a beautifully restored `63 R1 owned by John Michelson, my un-restored daily driver white R1 with light modifications (mostly well hidden), the black `07 of Mark's (sorry Mark, I forgot your last name), the red one is another `63 R1 driver owned by Doug Fuller and the last is a rather modified `74 Avanti II owned by Joe Zeiger. The score for Studebaker is 3 in this booth. Down stairs were the 2 wagons, both heavily modified and a `63 Avanti that the mods were full boat as well. Unfortunately I only skimmed the lower floor and missed that car totally.

Comment

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
                    Gary, the '63 GT Hawk is bone stock and very nice! We welcome totally correct restorations as well as modified cars in our chapter (as long as they are Studebakers).
                    At a quick look of what is visible of the '63 Hawk;
                    1) '64 circle S hood ornament,
                    2) '63 grille emblem mis-placed,
                    3) red wheels,
                    4) no chevron on the door (that I can see).

I do not have a problem with modified cars, I have owned several. I was just commenting on those pictured.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I attended this show, thank you to all that participated it was a great effort. It was a nice mix of cars The show involved 4 days of effort , 3 days of exhibiting and 1 day for load in.
                      Looking forward to next year.

Bob Caser
                      mrbobinc

Comment

Wow! No mention of the headlight rims on the "bone stock" 1963 GT!
                        Bill L.
                        1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by 56GH View Post
                          Wow! No mention of the headlight rims on the "bone stock" 1963 GT!
                          Or the 1960 Wheel Covers, RED Wheels, '64 Grille Shell, '64 Hood Ornament, missing Door Chevrons, mislocated Grill Emblem, strange looking Door Script, and Body Color Hood Paint behind the Grill!

It's just a Nice owner modified Hawk, NOT a 100% correct Original.

The 1950 Land Cruiser (Dan Skidmore's?) is THE Most correct original and the '60 Hawk (Stan Haverland's?) is probably perfect except Wheels.

Last edited by StudeRich; 03-10-2018, 12:55 PM.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, that IS Dan Skidmore's '50 Land Cruiser and it still looks and runs great. Also, that is Stan Haveriland's Hawk, but don't let the looks fool you; it is Chevy powered.

Comment

I like that 50 Land Cruiser. Wish mine was surf grey instead of black.

Comment

Working...
                              X