56 Champion 2dr Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 Champion 2dr Sedan

You guys have been great to ask questions of (Even Dumb ones)

I finally figured out how to add a picture (I think)

Here is my car that I have been all these questions about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	56 Champion Sedan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1757417

Originally posted by 57studechampion View Post
    you guys have been great to ask questions of (even dumb ones)

i finally figured out how to add a picture (i think)

here is my car that i have been all these questions about.
    sweet ride!!
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

That’s a really sweet ride brother!!’

Comment

Cute car, Don; congratulations.

May we ask what photo hosting service you used to post the photo? BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Very nice car.
          thom

Comment

Good looking car Enjoy it , Ed

Comment

Very Sharp looking Champion, that must be the Talk of the Neighborhood! It shows that someone in that House has some actual TASTE!

NOT driving a 4 wheeled Bar of Soap!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Your '56 looks great!

Comment

Nice car! Anybody care to comment on how many 1956 Champion two door cars were built?

Comment

Bob

I did not use a photo hosting service. I had the pic on my computer and I just clicked on the icon above that says add image.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by 57studechampion View Post
                      Bob

I did not use a photo hosting service. I had the pic on my computer and I just clicked on the icon above that says add image.

Don
                      Wow! Was that easy! Thanks a million, Don. BP
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2498.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1719797

(The photo is of The Chicken Hawk's speedometer. When Ted Harbit dismantled the car after the wreck, he asked me what part I'd like to have for a souvenir. I elected the speedometer for no particular reason.)
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Such a tasteful Studebaker. Love this model and this particular year. The color is stunning. Beautiful ride, brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
                          Nice car! Anybody care to comment on how many 1956 Champion two door cars were built?
                          Citing Richard Langworth's Studebaker Buyer's Guide, 1956 Champion 2-door production was 4,301 Deluxe 2-door Sedans, 3,097 Deluxe 2-door Sedanets, and 2,236 Pelham 2-door Station Wagons. The Sedanet was an inexpensive minimal trim 2-door Sedan priced under $2,000. Not as plain as the 1957 Scotsman but rubber windshield moldings and painted headlamp rims etc.
                          Bill Jackameit
                          1964 Challenger Wagonaire
                          1964 Daytona Sedan
                          Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
                          Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
                          https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Comment

I love 56 Stude sedans because I thought they looked like the Soviet Union tried to design an American style car and creating something totally unique yet familiar in the process. Lovely Champion you have there and may it give plenty more putt-putts through that flathead six!
                            Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

I hate to inform you but I am planning on changing the color to a Red and White 2 tone like the car in the 56 Brochure. I think it looks like a totally different car. Really COOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X