Help taking Studebaker clock apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help taking Studebaker clock apart

I have these two clocks that I am trying to make into one. I do not want to break them. How does the center piece(dial) come off. Just pull? Can you get the clock mechanism out and how.

51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
    53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
    62 Volvo PV544 Sport

You might take a look at the Technical Pages on this site:

He has a step by step of rebuilding 1956 and later clocks but it might help you as well.

Comment

Still looking for help. The 1956 site has great information but the clocks are too different.
      62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

I have both clocks kinda running. One ran for about 8 hours yesterday and seemed good and then stopped. It was not the contacts or the energizing the little wheel just stopped, like the spring did not have enough tension. The other runs well but will not energize properly. The contacts are clean but when they pop the winding part that spins open does not spin enough to open the points. I have read a few sites but none are exactly like this clock. What am I missing?
        62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

If you have not, try searching "Borg" since I believe they all are.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I would have thought there would be screws on the rear of the housing, so the complete clock could be removed to clean and lube the gears.
            I've used a toothpick to put a drop of ATF and the end of each shaft, and made clocks work again.

Comment

Working...
            X