PDA

View Full Version : Steve Munts Antique Studebaker parts ??

cstude1
02-19-2018, 10:30 PM
What ever happened to Steve Munts antique Studebaker business?
He had molds to cast old door handles and other items.
He bought the business from Bill Cannon a long time ago.

Hallabutt
02-20-2018, 09:47 PM
Have been told that he retired, from the business. Was also told, that he sold to someone, who doesn't seem to be doing anything with it.

T.J. lavallee
02-20-2018, 09:55 PM
Have been told that he retired, from the business. Was also told, that he sold to someone, who doesn't seem to be doing anything with it.

Now that's what I call a Major SLACKER, Captain !

tsenecal
02-21-2018, 11:53 AM
Steve Allen was looking for groups of parts that people might have stashed, to put into inventory. It would be good to see them made available to people that might need them.

62champ
02-21-2018, 08:00 PM
Speaking of parts stashes - does anyone know about a parts guy in Arlington Texas - only knew his first name - Darbie - who had a good amount of stuff the last time I spoke to him in about 1998 or so?

He was not the most honest individual (banned from TW at some point in the '80s), but he had four or five tractor trailers and a house full of parts as well as a dozen Texas parts cars. He was always really nice to me and my cousin - even felt bad about pricing an NOS Avanti dash at $300 for my counsin's '64 back in about 1996...

Green53
02-21-2018, 11:55 PM
I haven't heard anything on Darby in years. He did have a lot of good pasts but was not the most trustworthy person.

Denny L

Cowtown Commander
02-22-2018, 08:28 AM
Darby is/was in Irving Texas. BillyMiles purchased the parts. Billy brought portions of the parts to national meets in Springfield, St Louis, Colorado Springs and I believe sells some via e-bay. Last I heard Darby was in very poor health.