'62 two barrel carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '62 two barrel carb

There is a tube sticking out at the base of the carburetor in back about 3 inches long and an opening of maybe 3/8". It is not that vacuum assist for the distributor. What attaches to this tube? Thanks, Chet445

That's a take-off for the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) system.

If it's on a 1962 model V-8, either the car was originally built to California emissions specs or the base plate from one of those carbs was used to rebuild the one that came on the car or the whole carburetor isn't original to the car and came from a car originally equipped with a PCV system and attendant valve.

If that pipe is capped off and the car runs fine and you have a functioning road draft tube crankcase ventilation system, just leave it alone. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thank you that answers my question. I have not started the engine as yet as the '62 is in rebuild mode. If it is plugged off I will leave it. It may need a PCV valve to nowhere and will have to wait and see. Chet445

Comment

Working...
      X