Just checking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just checking in

I haven't been doing any work on the Saturday night special in a while. Tried to post some pictures and that has eluded me so far. Really no progress. My health has improved, but I am still limited on what I do. I am beginning to understand why some of the older people I used to try and buy projects from, couldn't finish them and couldn't make up their minds about selling. At 73 and not the greatest of health, I find myself in that very position. I haven't lost interest or desire, it's just the energy. Boy, I wish I had not taken it apart that last time (LOL). Now I am trying to decide if I should sell the car and all Stude related items, and just stop. OR, try to trade for a running something or other.

I'm happy to hear that you still have the interest and desire. At 73, it is understandable to be a little low on energy. How far apart is the car? Maybe just tackle some of the smaller projects and work up to the larger ones. Also do you have any younger friends or relatives, that could offer some time to help with the heavy lifting parts of the project? Sometimes , just seeing SOME progress will energize a person to continue on with it.
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Tex, good to see you're back.
      I'm sure in the past you have advised others who see projects as daunting to view it instead as a bunch of small individual projects. Every small piece of progress is progress nonetheless.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Hey Tex, good to see you back. As I recall your car is really solid with no rust issues, and you painted it and rebuild a R1 engine and installed it. What is left to do on the car, reassembly? Would be tough for me to sell that car because its so cool. What about your grandson...he's young but loved helping you didn't he? I always look at my junk and figure I should blow them apart and build them right and then Mrs. Junior knocks some sense into me a reminds me that I'm a dreamer and if I ripped them apart I'd never get them back together again. Her rule of the house was whenever I purchased a vehicle it had to be driven home, was never allowed to come home on a hook or trailer...makes sense to me now, but never did back in the day. Try to do what you can, when you can. At least you live in a fair weather climate...I bought all the fuel line and fittings for my truck in the middle of Jan. and since then have only managed to bend the line into shape...its just been too cold to work in an unheated garage for me want to get on a creeper and crawl under a frozen truck and get to work. cheers, junior
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
        X