Question do they exist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question do they exist

have searched and searched to try to find door hinge bushings for a 63 Hawk with no luck. do they exist. new member needs HELP

Originally posted by billarnold14 View Post
    have searched and searched to try to find door hinge bushings for a 63 Hawk with no luck. do they exist. new member needs HELP
    I do not know of any. Are you sure that the play is at the hinge pin itself? These rarely wear out. If you truly have excess play there, I recommend getting good used hinges.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

May or may not be of any help on cars, but when restoring my C-cab, I bought generic GM hinge pin repair kits from the rack at NAPA. They worked perfectly.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

I just ordered new hinge pins from Chuck Collins to repair 60 Hawk hinges. All had some wear, but one was broken off at the seam inside the hinge. I believe that I remember reading a few posts about people machining a bushing into the hinge when they repaired them. I think that just changing the pins, will work on my car.
        Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Talk to Phil Harris.937 878 7712,he rebuilds hinges.
          Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Dorman sells hinge repair kits. Or just find one the right size and just make it work. I used a 80's chev truck to rebuild a 73 buick hinge.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
              I used a 80's chev truck to rebuild a 73 buick hinge.
              And I used to use used motor oil in my '52 Pontiac.
              But that doesn't help the OP with his question.
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

The hawk never had a hinge bushing factory. I have a couple that the pin has broke off at the lower part of the hinge. No matter what you do you will have to find something that will work and drill and make it fit.

Comment

Dorman, Help, 38400. $5.00 at Auto Zone and others.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stude hinge bushing NOS 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1719517I'm not sure if all Stude door hinges have bushings, I think older models had them, Trucks for sure. These are NOS from a dealer stock. Do you have a pin size ?

Comment

Working...
                    X