Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Wagonaire

Hi all,

I own a 1964 Wagonaire that I am thinking about selling. One thing I do not know is the value of these vehicles. I know I have a better picture of the vehicle, I just can't seem to find it on my computer. The car is pretty bare when it comes to options; no power steering or power brakes, no A/C, manual transmission, and 6 cylinder engine. I know the engine is not the original engine, but it is a Studebaker engine. The body is in decent shape. It has a crease in the drivers front fender, a baseball sized spot on the hood where the paint peeled, and minor rust. Any help you can give me on approximate value is appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20160929_141148.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	1757300 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180129_124015.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1757299

Hi, Kyle. You'll need to supply some more information, please. And certainly more photos.

1. Is the car running and driving? If not, when did it last run? When was it last on the road?

2. I see a roof rack. Does it have a sliding roof?

3. It looks like a Commander model; correct?

4. Does it have an overdrive transmission? You said it was a manual transmission, but it may have overdrive, which helps the value.

5. How RUSTY is it, or how rusty has it been? That's really important on a Wagonaire; the floors and bottom of the tailgate, specifically.

6. What vintage is the engine? You said it's a Studebaker engine...but for all we know, someone yanked out the original OHV six and put a 1954 170 flathead six in it!

The reason more information is needed is because the price range could be from $2,000 for one thus equipped if it runs and drives...or several times that for the nicest one in the country, even though it's a six with manual transmission. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I would love to see more pictures. Can I PM you with my email? Too late... I already did. Please send me some pictures. Thanks
      Check your Private Messages for my email.
      sals54

Comment

How about taking a better picture of that build sheet you have there? That will tell us at least how it was optioned.
        "Fords are cars Studebakers are Automobiles" -Jerry Washburn

Comment

Originally posted by Pop's Chariot View Post
          How about taking a better picture of that build sheet you have there? That will tell us at least how it was optioned.
          It appears to be the actual Maroney (sp?) label (window sticker, not build sheet) that is in the one picture. I agree that if it was a large picture of that one item we would know most everything about the car except current condition.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            It appears to be the actual Maroney (sp?) label (window sticker, not build sheet) that is in the one picture. I agree that if it was a large picture of that one item we would know most everything about the car except current condition.
            Agreed, Gary, but I don't think that is this station wagon's window sticker. I've enlarged it several tomes and it becomes fuzzier, but I still think it is from another car, from what can be seen. That is not the style Monroney (that's how it's spelled) label used on 1964 model year Studebakers.

As best as I can tell, that's for a 1960 Lark of some type, possibly a V-8, ...and probably with a lot more options than this one! BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
            X