PDA

View Full Version : drove it to Chula Vista

stan zoerner
01-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Howdy Folks,Drove my pretty stock c-body 55 champion from S.F. to SanDiego and only used 2 qts. of oil{lousy,oil leakin fuel pump} and I will be lookin' forward to seeing and meeting with {I guess} the San Diego chapter folks ....I have heard about "smiles per miles" before, and around town I got used to it ....Interstate 5 was awesome with smiles and thumbs up and horn beepin'studey lovers...I will keep in touch after i finish movin down there ..Thanks for everybodies help in gettin the elec. stuff and turn signals working right before I left....Also Thanks to a few of "OUR" vendors for havin' the stuff to make it a better and safer car....{Idon't know if I can mention them by name or not..YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE}

63larkcustom
01-28-2008, 12:46 AM
Congrats on the trip! There is definitely that intangible smiles per gallon that goes with them all.

63larkcustom
01-28-2008, 12:46 AM
Congrats on the trip! There is definitely that intangible smiles per gallon that goes with them all.

StudeDave57
01-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Howdy, and welcome!!! We'll be glad to have you in our Chapter~
you can get to know us by clicking the link below...

StudeDave [8D]
V/P San Diego County SDC
San Diego, Ca
www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
'57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
'57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
'57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
'65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

StudeDave57
01-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Howdy, and welcome!!! We'll be glad to have you in our Chapter~
you can get to know us by clicking the link below...

StudeDave [8D]
V/P San Diego County SDC
San Diego, Ca

'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
'65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

stan zoerner
01-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks for sayin' "HEY" Dave. Will try to meet with you all this next meet{Allied Garden'?} Glad to hear you have a website, however I could only get directions to the meet ...couldn't see how to contact the site. Thanks STILL, MORE STUDEY PEOPLE ANYWAY IS A GOOOD THING...

stan zoerner
01-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks for sayin' "HEY" Dave. Will try to meet with you all this next meet{Allied Garden'?} Glad to hear you have a website, however I could only get directions to the meet ...couldn't see how to contact the site. Thanks STILL, MORE STUDEY PEOPLE ANYWAY IS A GOOOD THING...

StudeDave57
02-07-2008, 11:12 PM
I look forward to meeting you and meeting the others who are going to attend. Will you be driving your car? Sweet Pea gets lonely in the lot with no-one but 'young pups' to talk to!!! She's usually the only Stude to show...

Our next meeting (14 Feb) is the annual SDC SDC chili cook-off, so come hungry, and be ready to judge!!! You can contact us by scroling over our names (to the left) on the 'home' page~ you ought to see our addies when you do that~

Otherwise you can also just click on my name to the left of these words...

StudeDave [8D]
V/P San Diego County SDC
San Diego, Ca

'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
'65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

StudeDave57
02-07-2008, 11:12 PM
I look forward to meeting you and meeting the others who are going to attend. Will you be driving your car? Sweet Pea gets lonely in the lot with no-one but 'young pups' to talk to!!! She's usually the only Stude to show...

Our next meeting (14 Feb) is the annual SDC SDC chili cook-off, so come hungry, and be ready to judge!!! You can contact us by scroling over our names (to the left) on the 'home' page~ you ought to see our addies when you do that~

Otherwise you can also just click on my name to the left of these words...

StudeDave [8D]
V/P San Diego County SDC
San Diego, Ca

'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
'65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

stan zoerner
02-14-2008, 02:44 AM
Today being the 14th, I am not going to make the show...I am loading all my tools and parts of what-have-you into my buddies P/u in S.F. and hopefully will leave on Fri. to get the next to last load down south..I WILL be bringing my computer down this time and hope to be able to keep in touch..Thanks for all the input folks..I can't wait to get all of myself there ,even if my jalopy is pretty worn and all that I will enjoy seein" you there too..{even if I have to park all the way on the other side of the building] She is a little rough.

stan zoerner
02-14-2008, 02:44 AM
Today being the 14th, I am not going to make the show...I am loading all my tools and parts of what-have-you into my buddies P/u in S.F. and hopefully will leave on Fri. to get the next to last load down south..I WILL be bringing my computer down this time and hope to be able to keep in touch..Thanks for all the input folks..I can't wait to get all of myself there ,even if my jalopy is pretty worn and all that I will enjoy seein" you there too..{even if I have to park all the way on the other side of the building] She is a little rough.

N8N
02-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Do yourself a favor and get in touch with Tom Karkiewicz (sp?) and buy yourself a "core" correct glass bowl fuel pump, then buy a rebuild kit from one of our fine vendors. Whenever I hear "oil leaking fuel pump" I just ASSume that it's one of the new Airtex deals... as a bonus, with the stock fuel pump you'll have a filter before the check valves.

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

N8N
02-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Do yourself a favor and get in touch with Tom Karkiewicz (sp?) and buy yourself a "core" correct glass bowl fuel pump, then buy a rebuild kit from one of our fine vendors. Whenever I hear "oil leaking fuel pump" I just ASSume that it's one of the new Airtex deals... as a bonus, with the stock fuel pump you'll have a filter before the check valves.

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

sals54
02-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Stan,
Do you have a V8 or 6 in your car? If you can show me a picture of the fuel pump you need, I will send one to you if I have it. I have a few sitting in a box in the barn.

sals54
02-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Stan,
Do you have a V8 or 6 in your car? If you can show me a picture of the fuel pump you need, I will send one to you if I have it. I have a few sitting in a box in the barn.