1921 Special Six 5 passenger coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1921 Special Six 5 passenger coupe

Hello! I am currently restoring a 1921 Special Six Coupe, and I was wondering who I could ask, or where I could find out how many of these coupes are still around today. I don't recall seeing any pictures of one on the web that is at least from this century. I thought joining up with this group of owners could be a great place to start asking! I thank you all for your comments, and thank you for allowing me to join! Greg.

The only photo I have of 1921 Studebakers is this four door touring, owned by Odd Justad in WA.

Craig

Comment

isnt there one in the Museum in Bouth Bend?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
        isnt there one in the Museum in Bouth Bend?
        No 1921 Special Six coupes at the SNM. Teens and early 20's closed cars were very low production due to cost. I don't believe anyone has established a roster of 1921 Special Six coupes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	21special six cpe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	1719421Click image for larger version

Name:	21 specs all copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	1719422
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Try the Antique Studebaker bunch?

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
            No 1921 Special Six coupes at the SNM. Teens and early 20's closed cars were very low production due to cost. I don't believe anyone has established a roster of 1921 Special Six coupes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70136[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70137[/ATTACH]
            Wow Richard, I don't mean to embarrass you, but if (& when) you stop posting here, I can't think of anyone I'll miss more. Every time I see a thread posting where I have no clue, I always anticipate you responding.

Not only do you have the knowledge, but the resources to back it up. If I understand the specifications, at least for this year, the 5 passenger was considered a "sedan," and the "Four" passenger designated as a "Coupe." At what year, did the designations become Three passenger (AKA Business Coupe) and Five Passenger Coupe (Later Starlight)?
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Thank you all for the response. I took the advice from Mrs. K Corbin and started a thread there also.

Comment

Working...
              X