Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'56 Power Hawk FS in Austin Craig's List...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '56 Power Hawk FS in Austin Craig's List...

Project car and looks like a ton of parts for it and later cars.

Tons of pix on this one..

Looks like someone trying to get rid of all of their junk at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
      Looks like someone trying to get rid of all of their junk at one time.
      I would tend to agree. I even saw a ‘65 grill thrown into the mix!
      Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

I guess that the baby is going to reside in the garage (the way the ad reads).
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
          Looks like someone trying to get rid of all their junk at one time.
          Looks like that includes all the necessary sheetmetal to convert it to a '53!

Mark
          sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Quote from the ad: The car has been retrofitted onto a 1997 Z28 Camaro unibody chassis. it hasn't been welded up yet though.

There is only one photo that even comes close to showing this retrofit onto a Camaro unibody chassis. The 'hasn't been welded up yet' is the part that would worry me. Uh-oh, this ain't gonna work after all, let's find some sucker on Craigslist to take this off our hands.

Wondered why the cowl was thrown in with a bunch of fenders, until I read the description.
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

I believe our Prior String about it, mentioned the '53 "C" conversion Kit that he does not, and the '64-'65 4 Hd. Lt. Grille Panel etc.,etc.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well, here's a great example of how lost we can become, wandering too far afield in our fantasies, while living in the "real world," at the "speed of life." I only hope, he organizes his priorities and obligations to the realities of a wife and child better than his automobile project. I hate to admit it, but there was a time when I had an embarrassing "learning curve" in that respect. Fortunately, I managed to grow, and mature, without ruining both. It's all about the priorities. Take care to put the real obligations first, and then, the time to work on the toys, trinkets, and clutter, will follow.

If this teaches that lesson, and he looses his butt on this failed project...It could turn out to be the best investment of his life.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  I believe our Prior String about it, mentioned the '53 "C" conversion Kit that he does not, and the '64-'65 4 Hd. Lt. Grille Panel etc.,etc.
                  Please forgive me Rich, I'm having a little trouble following, just what it is your trying to say, about "the '53 "C" conversion Kit that he does not,"???

Mark
                  sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post
                    Please forgive me Rich, I'm having a little trouble following, just what it is your trying to say, about "the '53 "C" conversion Kit that he does not,"???Mark
                    Mark, didn't you see the complete Front Clip all blasted and Primed to convert the '56 Hawk to a '53/'54 C Body "Look"?

There is EVEN an extra FIREWALL in that Pile!
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                      Well, here's a great example of how lost we can become, wandering too far afield in our fantasies, while living in the "real world," at the "speed of life." I only hope, he organizes his priorities and obligations to the realities of a wife and child better than his automobile project. I hate to admit it, but there was a time when I had an embarrassing "learning curve" in that respect. Fortunately, I managed to grow, and mature, without ruining both. It's all about the priorities. Take care to put the real obligations first, and then, the time to work on the toys, trinkets, and clutter, will follow.

If this teaches that lesson, and he looses his butt on this failed project...It could turn out to be the best investment of his life.
                      Well-spoken, John, as usual. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

There is EVEN an extra FIREWALL in that Pile!
                        Rich, look at the ad again and the pictures really closely. I don't think that is an "extra" firewall - that was the firewall that has been cut out of the car and replaced with one out of a Camaro.
                        Paul
                        Winston-Salem, NC
                        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Working...
                        X