Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally... Something That You Cannot Live Without!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally... Something That You Cannot Live Without!

Austin Craing's List : https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/...475451765.html

I'll find a way...
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

If I was still a dopey teen, I might want it bad enough that I could almost taste it. There are some odd advantages to pushing 60....
      1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
      1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
      1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
      1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
      1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
      1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Too bad a nice western pickup was wasted to build it. Maybe the pickup body could still be saved, but not for that high price.

Comment

I know some boys who would love that, but not me. The attention of showing up at school would wane, people would hate you for throwing water and debris on their cars and the fuel and maintenance would be high. You would also tire of climbing in and out of it and want to borrow someone's car for regular trips.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Replace the bumpers with a set made from Tubing to match the headache rack and that would be a great go anywhere truck and a hit at shows with an upgraded interior.

Bob

Comment

Something tells me it's not factory!
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Wasn't "wasted". It's being used and the Studebaker name is being seen.
                Perhaps it was wasting away sitting somewhere doing nothing but sitting.
                Maybe it was wasting away waiting for someday to come along when it's owner was going to fix it up.
                Looking at the pics it would appear that the body could be removed and reset on a original chassis by a restorer with a smidge of talent.
                Does not appear to be chopped. There certainly would be work to do but nothing impossible
                Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

I thought that it was okay until I looked at some of the detail pictures and I also cannot imagine climbing in and out of it.

EDIT: It would be good to use to get around in the winter and to "fight" with Route 9 traffic.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

If you had a big enough mud pit somewhere it might be lots of fun. As far as getting in and out---that's what step ladders are for.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Saw electric running boards on a show recently . Hide when door is closed, come down when door is touched or by remote . Perfect for this ride !
                      Randy Wilkin
                      1946 M5 Streetrod
                      Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Originally posted by rodnutrandy View Post
                        Saw electric running boards on a show recently . Hide when door is closed, come down when door is touched or by remote . Perfect for this ride !
                        An electrically retractable step is common on a lot of motorhomes.

It would be a nice, compact width, and could be easily adapted to fit.

Craig

Comment

Retractable steps for pickups have been available from Amp Research for some time. http://www.amp-research.com/products...ies/powerstep/

Bob

Comment

Not my thing either, but at least its Ford Powered. Would be good for chasing chebbies away when they get too close.

Bill

Comment

It's not even street legal in California. For MANY reasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X