PDA

View Full Version : 62 wagon

jpepper
01-26-2018, 07:30 PM
I just picked up a very rusty 62 wagon that I am going to part out. It is a 289, 3-speed OD. I am using the engine parts and the TT rear end is spoken for. surprisingly the rear gate and doors are pretty good. The glass is good. The tail lights and backup lights are decent. Does anybody need anything before it goes to the crusher.

mbstude
01-26-2018, 07:32 PM
Jim, I'd be interested in the roof rack for my '55.

BobPalma
01-26-2018, 08:12 PM
:!: Wow, Jim; it's a TEBAK! :lol: (I just looked at the tailgate.)

'Can't say I've ever seen a Tebak before. Interesting. ;) :cool: BP

TWChamp
01-26-2018, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure how far you are from Keith Cooley's yard in Wisconsin, but it would be nice if he got it so he could store it and sell parts. Keith likes to hang onto older cars for the parts to help the rest of us. Keith's yard is about 12 miles east of Eau Claire.

StudeRich
01-26-2018, 08:33 PM
Someone may want that Factory A/C Dash Evaporator Unit and definitely the Horn Button. ;)

The Stainless Upper Tailgate is a Regal, and fits all '60 & 61 2 Door and 4 Door Deluxe (Upgrade) and Regals, also of course '62 4 Door Wagons, they ARE Rare.

Colgate Studebaker
01-26-2018, 08:42 PM
If you could, the pedal assembly and all the clutch related parts from the pedals to the bellhousing might come in handy for a future project after I get the Hawk up and running. Just hang on to them for me and I'll get them next trip up. Thanks Jim, Bill.

firestoper 25
01-26-2018, 09:56 PM
I just picked up a very rusty 62 wagon that I am going to part out. It is a 289, 3-speed OD. I am using the engine parts and the TT rear end is spoken for. surprisingly the rear gate and doors are pretty good. The glass is good. The tail lights and backup lights are decent. Does anybody need anything before it goes to the crusher.

I also am interested in the bell hsg.,flywheel, starter if it is not already gone. Regards, Sherm / Green Bay :(

TWChamp
01-26-2018, 10:53 PM
Glass and taillights should be worth saving.

jpepper
01-27-2018, 06:48 AM

That is a very rare little known model. They went out of business as well.

BobPalma
01-27-2018, 07:46 AM

;) Rare is a day on the SDC forum when you don't learn something new. :!!: :woot: :cool: BP

Guido
01-27-2018, 12:47 PM

I think this was a successor to the Rambler built "Mable"...

6hk71400
01-27-2018, 08:35 PM
The A/C evaporator would be good for my 1962 Lark if it is not already claimed. Even though the car is white, I would still like to have A/C for the Arizona summer

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ

jpepper
01-27-2018, 09:46 PM
Why don't you guys email me and we can work this out.

jimpepper60@gmail.com

Jim

jpepper
01-27-2018, 09:49 PM
The A/C evaporator would be good for my 1962 Lark if it is not already claimed. Even though the car is white, I would still like to have A/C for the Arizona summer

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ

Do you need the engine pulleys and compressor mount as well? The condenser was shot.

jpepper
02-02-2018, 03:59 PM
The wagon is now on it's way to be a new refrigerator or dish washer. I dropped it off at the shredder today. I was the rustiest Studebaker I have ever scrapped. The rear of the frame was marginal but intact. The front portion was gone. You can see the holes in it.

spokejr
02-03-2018, 08:18 AM
Wow! You really picked that one clean, great job saving what could be used!

Did you leave enough intact iron for the salvage yard to make any money? :lol:

Ken

sweetolbob
02-03-2018, 08:43 AM
Wow! You really picked that one clean, great job saving what could be used!

Did you leave enough intact iron for the salvage yard to make any money? :lol:

Ken

I'm more curious if Jim got enough to pay for the gas to haul it there. Good job of making parts available to keep others on the road. :)

A question: Around here I'd need a title to scrap that much car iron. Is that the case there? I was lucky the last time I went as I had a couple of front cross members that they took after some discussion.

Bob

jpepper
02-03-2018, 12:59 PM
I had the title. Yes I need that here to scrap a car over the scale. You can but a license to scrap cars but it has gotten expensive. I haven't had one in 40 years. The carcass weighed 1320 #'s (length in feet of a quarter mile). Price was $145 per ton. This pile was worth $95.

Neil
02-04-2018, 07:04 AM
Did you save the door panels? Looks like they were gray color.

studegary
02-04-2018, 10:10 AM
I like your strap protection idea (I am sure that you were protecting the strap, not the sheet metal, but it would work either way :D.).

jpepper
02-05-2018, 01:24 PM
Did you save the door panels? Looks like they were gray color.

The door panels were shot from water damage. They were discarded

jpepper
02-05-2018, 01:27 PM
I like your strap protection idea (I am sure that you were protecting the strap, not the sheet metal, but it would work either way :D.).

The car had one old bias ply tire on it. I like to save them for making exhaust hangers. Radials do not work for that. I've cut through too many straps. A piece of tire seemed like a good solution. It worked great.

kurtruk
02-05-2018, 11:56 PM
Kinda funny to see the YANKEE Tri-Bar mirror still on there.