Winter in SW Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter in SW Arizona

After having to endure weeks of 70+ temps we recently cooled down to the 60's. Locals had to break out the winter clothes. It lasted 3-4 days!
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Oh you poor thing. Try some -30's for a while.

Comment

That sounds rough. Did you have to use the heater in your car?
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

All due respect, when your blood has been boiling at 118+ degrees for several months, 40, 50, even 60 is cold.
        Even the dog, when let out to do his business, looks back at us to see if he's being punished.
        And, yes, we used the heater in the 66 going to the meeting last Sunday in Phoenix.
        Besides, the majority of Minnesota and Oregon citizens are holed up in AZ for the winter anyway, along with many from other states and our friends from North of the border.
        sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
        1950 Champion Convertible
        1950 Champion 4Dr
        1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
        1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Good point about all the snowbirds. I used to live in California so I know what you mean about the temperature being relative.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
            Oh you poor thing. Try some -30's for a while.
            One never gets tired of shoveling bright and sunny, in AZ.

Comment

Well we did have to use the yard blower the other day to get rid of some "partly cloudy".
              Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
              One never gets tired of shoveling bright and sunny, in AZ.
              1950 Champion 4Dr
              1957 Thunderbird

Comment

But in the middle of summer, they are all cooped up in the house with the A/C on! and can't go out until long after sunset! <G> I've been "told" it's a dry heat! Go ahead, turn your oven on to 110 degrees, and stick your head in it! That's a dry heat too!

Kind of like So. California when I lved there, everybody said that So Cal. does not have 4 seasons, well, they do! Smoggy, Rainey, Fire and Earthquake! That's the 4 seasons out there! LOL

Jim
                "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                their Memorials!

Comment

Yep, there is no perfect place to live, but I think Arizona, New Mexico, or Texas would sure beat Minnesota for year round living.

Comment

I'll stay in Milwaukee. We get some snow, we have some below zero, and we get some 90° days. Sometime that all happens within a week. We don't get earthquakes, floods, and fires. I wish we did not have road salt in the winter. That is my only complaint.
                    james r pepper

Comment

I was born and have live my entire life in Arizona. I have visited Kentucky, Ohio and Texas in the Summer. I will take 105 with 10% humidity over 90 and 90% humidity anyday. We do not stay inside all day in the Summer. Plus our towels dry by morning after taking a shower. My kids played soccer in 105. Drink water and you are good to go. Plus you can drive 1 1/2 hours and be in the mountains where it is 30 degrees cooler.
                      51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
                      53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
                      62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

Wisconsin advantage ?

Originally posted by jpepper View Post
                        I'll stay in Milwaukee. We get some snow, we have some below zero, and we get some 90° days. Sometime that all happens within a week. We don't get earthquakes, floods, and fires. I wish we did not have road salt in the winter. That is my only complaint.
                        And don't forget to talk up our high taxes (I rent my house from Madison for $ 400 a month) It was 47 F in the sun today, tomorrow I will try to move my Lathe & Bridgeport to my shop from Green Bay if the ice crust on the old property holds up for the trucking-moving operations. Who says winter ground freezes aren't useful? Regards Sherm / Green Bay

Comment

Well, We don't stay in the house with the A/C on all summer. We pack up what we need into the motorhome and travel to Minnesota, Oregon, Wisconsin, South Bend, Indiana, where I was born and raised, and anyplace that the cooler weather takes us. Sometimes the Studebaker makes the trip with us and allows us to navigate local car shows along the way and gives other travelers something to see and take pictures of other then scenery. Watch for us on your local highway, but not on the interstates if we can help it. Rather travel through all the little towns and burgs then just waste diesel fuel staring at asphalt.
                          1950 Champion 4Dr
                          1957 Thunderbird

Comment

I love living in Florida for the most part. The only things that get at me are the mosquitoes and the pounding heat waves. However, I thank both of them because without them the whole state would be overrun by snowbirds!
                            Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

you are right about that! I can work outdoors in 100 deg AZ heat and not break a sweat, but just step outside in July along the humid gulf coast & you will be dripping wet @ 9:00 a.m.

Comment

Working...
                              X